System Attendant disabled

Post by Will » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 04:38:51

HI.
In our mailbox store the system attendant box has the
red "X" on it, and has ever since we did a restore of the
Information Store onto a new install of Exchange 2K. If I
right-click on the mailbox and try to "Reconnect" it
doesn't work. The other option is right-click and "Purge"
which should totally delete the mailbox. My question is:
If I purge(delete) the System Attendant mailbox, will a
new (working) one take its place? Since there is no
System Attendant user that I know of, I don't think there
is a way to manually create a new System Attendant
mailbox.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks.