running out of space.. execsive logging

Post by Kost » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 00:48:31

12 gigs worth of logs.. in programfiles\exchsrvr\mdbdata

Is there something I can do?  Need the space back!

Thank you

running out of space.. execsive logging

Post by Mark Fugat » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 01:06:39

If you are performing a Full backup of the Storage Groups using an Exchange
aware backup program then the log files should get purged,  there is really
no otherway of removing them, DO NOT manually delete them.

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> 12 gigs worth of logs.. in programfiles\exchsrvr\mdbdata

> Is there something I can do?  Need the space back!

> Thank you

running out of space.. execsive logging

Post by Lanwenc » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 01:00:34

Online Exchange backups to tape, nightly?

Quote:> 12 gigs worth of logs.. in programfiles\exchsrvr\mdbdata

> Is there something I can do?  Need the space back!

> Thank you

running out of space.. execsive logging

Post by jNand » Sun, 30 Jun 2002 04:14:18

You should be backing up Exchange daily anyway, but I
think if you do it once it should flush the committed
logs.  Also you could try to enable circular logging, but
read up on this before you do as it will limit your
abillity for restoring the information store. Read more
here....  http://www.exchangefaq.org/recovery/0008.php3