Seeking Backup Strategies

Post by Chris Kin » Sun, 24 Mar 2002 06:00:36

Hi,

After extensive hunting through online resources (microsoft.com,
exinternals.com, NNTP sourrces, various print libraries ....) I have found
amazingly little information on this all too critical topic.Microsoft offers
some basic info in it's E2kRecovery.doc --findable at
http://www.microsoft.com/Exchange/techinfo/deployment/2000/E2Krecover...
but I am unable to get detailed info.

My goal is to be able to offer my clients varied strategies including
minimal downtime recovery scenarios. After much work with exch 5.5 I
discovered some great techniques that can no longer work in 2k.

Questions I have:

1. Do any of you have other/better sources for info regarding either exch 2k
in general or recovery specifically?
2. Can I have a second exch server running in the organization and if the
primary fails, restore the data to the 2nd one? (active directory i would
think woudl complicate this, but then perhaps it facilitates it. I am also
having trouble locating good info on the ways in whihc ecxh and AD interact.

Thanks in advance for any leads!

Chris King

1. Seeking Backup Strategies

[...]

2. Remote Organisation Administration

3. E2K Active/Passive Backup Strategy?

4. Connection beetwen two Exchange Server

5. Backup strategy ?

6. REPLICATION

7. Right Backup Strategy

8. junk email and deleted account