Active Directory Connector (ADC)- E2K SP2 upgrade Question

Active Directory Connector (ADC)- E2K SP2 upgrade Question

Post by Patric » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:24:40

I did not install E2K where I am working now, and the admin who did is no
longer with us.. so, with that said, I have a stupid question.  The E2K SP2
upgrade procedure mentions updating ADC to SP2, and I don't know much about
the connector- I assume it's neccesary for E2K???  How do I tell if it is
even installed.. where do I look?  Will updating it change things enough to
*the system up?  Thanks, sorry for the stupid question!

Active Directory Connector (ADC)- E2K SP2 upgrade Question

Post by Neil Hobso » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:29:00

It's only necessary if you're upgrading from Exchange 5.5.  It'll be
installed on a W2k server somewhere, probably on a GC.

--
Neil Hobson

Silversands
http://www.veryComputer.com/
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
For Enterprise Systems
For Collaborative Solutions

Quote:> I did not install E2K where I am working now, and the admin who did is no
> longer with us.. so, with that said, I have a stupid question.  The E2K
SP2
> upgrade procedure mentions updating ADC to SP2, and I don't know much
about
> the connector- I assume it's neccesary for E2K???  How do I tell if it is
> even installed.. where do I look?  Will updating it change things enough
>*the system up?  Thanks, sorry for the stupid question!

Active Directory Connector (ADC)- E2K SP2 upgrade Question

Post by Patric » Fri, 14 Jun 2002 00:09:18

Thanks Neil. So, it's not necessary and may not even be installed at all?
What if it does exist and I don't upgrade it, could it cause problems?

> It's only necessary if you're upgrading from Exchange 5.5.  It'll be
> installed on a W2k server somewhere, probably on a GC.

> --
> Neil Hobson

> Silversands
> http://www.veryComputer.com/
> Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
> For Enterprise Systems
> For Collaborative Solutions

> > I did not install E2K where I am working now, and the admin who did is
no
> > longer with us.. so, with that said, I have a stupid question.  The E2K
> SP2
> > upgrade procedure mentions updating ADC to SP2, and I don't know much
> about
> > the connector- I assume it's neccesary for E2K???  How do I tell if it
is
> > even installed.. where do I look?  Will updating it change things enough
> >*the system up?  Thanks, sorry for the stupid question!

Active Directory Connector (ADC)- E2K SP2 upgrade Question

Post by Neil Hobso » Fri, 14 Jun 2002 00:43:58

If you've not upgraded from 5.5, I can't imagine that it's installed
anywhere.  However, if it is present, not upgrading it to SP2 will not cause
a problem as far as I'm aware, but I would upgrade it if it is present.

--
Neil Hobson

Silversands
http://www.veryComputer.com/
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
For Enterprise Systems
For Collaborative Solutions

> Thanks Neil. So, it's not necessary and may not even be installed at all?
> What if it does exist and I don't upgrade it, could it cause problems?

> > It's only necessary if you're upgrading from Exchange 5.5.  It'll be
> > installed on a W2k server somewhere, probably on a GC.

> > --
> > Neil Hobson

> > Silversands
> > http://www.veryComputer.com/
> > Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
> > For Enterprise Systems
> > For Collaborative Solutions

> > > I did not install E2K where I am working now, and the admin who did is
> no
> > > longer with us.. so, with that said, I have a stupid question.  The
E2K
> > SP2
> > > upgrade procedure mentions updating ADC to SP2, and I don't know much
> > about
> > > the connector- I assume it's neccesary for E2K???  How do I tell if it
> is
> > > even installed.. where do I look?  Will updating it change things
enough
> > >*the system up?  Thanks, sorry for the stupid question!

Active Directory Connector (ADC)- E2K SP2 upgrade Question

Thanks again Neil.  : )

Post by Cliff Prat » Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:04:45

Quote:>I did not install E2K where I am working now, and the admin who did is no
>longer with us.. so, with that said, I have a stupid question.

I posted here that "There is no such thing as a stupid question" I
heard it somewhere. A co-worker added "...excpet one that isn't
asked".

Quote:

> The E2K SP2 upgrade procedure mentions updating ADC to SP2, and
> I don't know much about the connector- I assume it's neccesary for
> E2K???  How do I tell if it is even installed.. where do I look?  Will
> updating it change things enough to*the system up?  Thanks,
> sorry for the stupid question!

Others have answered your question for you!

Cheers,

Cliff
--

I also run Linux.

1. Active Directory Connector (ADC)- E2K SP2 upgrade Question

I did not install E2K where I am working now, and the admin who did is no
longer with us.. so, with that said, I have a stupid question.  The E2K SP2
upgrade procedure mentions updating ADC to SP2, and I don't know much about
the connector- I assume it's neccesary for E2K???  How do I tell if it is
even installed.. where do I look?  Will updating it change things enough to
screw the system up?  Thanks, sorry for the stupid question!

2. Outlook for Power Mac with OS 8.1 and Exchange Server

3. Steps of restoring Information Store to another Server

4. Active Directory Connector (ADC) AD to 5.5 e-mail address replication error

5. Outlook Web Access

6. Installed exch2k to C: but want on separate drive

7. ADC: Rights required to upgrade the Active Directory Schema

8. Active Directory Connector (ADC)

9. Curious -> ADC-E2k upgrade from ADC W2k

10. Question regarding Active Directory Connector