Search on Public Folders,,,Public Folder replication,,,,WorkFlow Tool

Search on Public Folders,,,Public Folder replication,,,,WorkFlow Tool

Post by Joga Sing » Thu, 07 Jun 2001 22:45:35

Hi,
We are using exchange 5.5. I have following queries.

1. Can we do a search on Public Folders using Index Server. If yes then will
the user be able to see the document using browser.

2. Does Public Folders allow replication between different sites.

3. Is there any good 3rd party WorkFlow Engine based on Exchange 5.5

4. Can Exchange, IIS, SQL Server be installed on the same machine ? What are
optimum harware requirements?

Regards:

Joga Singh

Post by Hollis D. Pau » Thu, 07 Jun 2001 17:59:03

> 4. Can Exchange, IIS, SQL Server be installed on the same machine ? What are
> optimum harware requirements?

All those are included on a Back Office and on an SBS system.  They are
specifically optimized for these configurations, so your mileage may vary.

 Hollis D. Paul [MVP - Outlook]

 Using Virtual Access 4.52 build 277 (32-bit), Windows 2000 build 2195
 http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SD=TECH&LN=EN-US

 Mukilteo, WA  USA

Search at www.slipstick.com for workflow references.

Post by Hollis D. Pau » Thu, 07 Jun 2001 17:59:02

> 1. Can we do a search on Public Folders using Index Server. If yes then will
> the user be able to see the document using browser.

Not using Index Server.  I think that Site Server can, but don't bet any money
on this statement.

 Hollis D. Paul [MVP - Outlook]

 Using Virtual Access 4.52 build 277 (32-bit), Windows 2000 build 2195
 http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SD=TECH&LN=EN-US

 Mukilteo, WA  USA

1. Public Folder Replication Question#2 - Redundancy Using Public Folder Replication

How can you make Public Folders that are replicated to 2 different serves
fault tolerant (redundant for each other)?

1 SITE
2 Servers
    Server1 - Maibox Server (Public Folder backup-replica)
    Server2 - Public Folder Server

Server one houses all the Mailboxes.  I have Server2 set as Server1's Public
Folder Server, thus ALL public Folders get created on Sever2.  Than I
replicate Server2's Public folder's with Server1.

When I take Server2 down, i cannot get to any public folders at all.

All my sync tables show in sync.  Database is same size on both.  All looks
OK, accept I cannot make users look at Server1 for Public Folder replica's
when Server2 is down????

Do I have to change the Public Folder server on Server1 from 'Server2' to
'Server1' when Server2 comes down???

Or have I done something wrong?

--
Thank You!

2. EXCH2K - MultiLanguage Environment - Force Special Folders to French Language

3. Creating a PST from script.

4. Public Folder Replication in same Public Folder heiarachy

5. Unable to open your default e-mail folders

6. public folders search tool : URGENT

7. Exchange 5.5 pickup folder

8. Public Folder Replication Delays prohibiting workflow

9. Subject : Any good supported public folder replication tools?

10. problem: InterOrg replication tool - Q238573 and public folders root

11. replication tool between user's calendar and calendar in a public folder

12. Public Folder Inter-Organizational Replication Tool