Forcing a modified form to be used when posting in a public folder

Forcing a modified form to be used when posting in a public folder

Post by Keith Beer » Sun, 24 Dec 2000 04:13:05

I am creating an Exchange application that relies on a modified Contact form
I created and published in a public folder.

I have set the "Only use forms listed above" option on the folder's
properties, but for some reason it always brings up the original Contact
form when you click New and doesn't seem to mind you posting it there even
though it is stated that it should not be used.

Could someone shed some light on what I might be doing incorrectly, as this
project relies on user-defined fields I created in the modified form to work
properly.

Thanks for your help!

Keith Beers
Systems Administrator
Telocity, Inc.

Forcing a modified form to be used when posting in a public folder

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Thu, 28 Dec 2000 23:58:39

Did you set the modified form to be the default for that folder? See
http://www.slipstick.com/dev/newdefaultform.htm.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

Quote:> I am creating an Exchange application that relies on a modified Contact
form
> I created and published in a public folder.

> I have set the "Only use forms listed above" option on the folder's
> properties, but for some reason it always brings up the original Contact
> form when you click New and doesn't seem to mind you posting it there even
> though it is stated that it should not be used.

> Could someone shed some light on what I might be doing incorrectly, as
this
> project relies on user-defined fields I created in the modified form to
work
> properly.

> Thanks for your help!

> Keith Beers
> Systems Administrator
> Telocity, Inc.

Forcing a modified form to be used when posting in a public folder

Post by Keith Beer » Fri, 29 Dec 2000 10:48:40

Was searching all over for that... guess I somehow overlooked on the General
Tab?

Everything works great now.

Thanks for the help! :)
Keith