Postmaster email box shows 26,000 emails, but outlook client inbox does not

Postmaster email box shows 26,000 emails, but outlook client inbox does not

Post by jimb » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 01:48:42

If I go into the exchange system manager and look at the mail box stores,
the postmaster account shows over 26,000 emails.  When I look at the
postmaster inbox via Outlook 2002, it shows only 75 emails in the inbox.
There are no emails in any other folders including the delete folder.
Server is Win2k and Exchange2k, both up to date on all service packs and
patches....

Postmaster email box shows 26,000 emails, but outlook client inbox does not

Post by Matt » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 02:17:09

I had a problem a while ago where there were a number of
emails showing in Exchange but not appearing in Outlook.
I cant remember the fix exactly but it was related to a
permissions setting which did not allow the client to view
certain emails.  Try logging on as Administrator and
opening postmaster in outlook, and look round in Exchange
for one of those difficult-to-find permission settings.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>If I go into the exchange system manager and look at the
mail box stores,
>the postmaster account shows over 26,000 emails.  When I
look at the
>postmaster inbox via Outlook 2002, it shows only 75

emails in the inbox.
Quote:>There are no emails in any other folders including the
delete folder.
>Server is Win2k and Exchange2k, both up to date on all
service packs and
>patches....

>.

Postmaster email box shows 26,000 emails, but outlook client inbox does not

Post by jimb » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 07:10:30

I tried that, shows the same view.  Im at a loss on where to look now.
Permissions look to be correct...

Quote:> I had a problem a while ago where there were a number of
> emails showing in Exchange but not appearing in Outlook.
> I cant remember the fix exactly but it was related to a
> permissions setting which did not allow the client to view
> certain emails.  Try logging on as Administrator and
> opening postmaster in outlook, and look round in Exchange
> for one of those difficult-to-find permission settings.

1. OL2000 client will not show Email in the inbox

Hello Everyone,

I have had a problem that I have not been able to work out. I recently
change some computers from Win98 to NT. I have reinstalled OL2000 on the NT
side and when I opened OL2000 for the first time all the mail that was there
originally was there. The next time OL2000 was opened there was no mail in
the inbox at all. The Exchange server still shows that there is mail sitting
on the server. Has any one seen this before?

Rick

2. Two Subnets - trying to save WAN traffic

3. Incoming email does not show in the outlook client

4. Problem with Exchange SDK Group Calendar...

5. OWA inbox does not show email

6. How to tell if a user is reading their mail & deleting read msg.s

7. all inbox messages will not show up when using different email application

8. Tab through forms

9. OWA inbox not showing emails

10. Emails not being shown in inbox - help!!

11. Email not showing in Inbox

12. Email being received by Mail filter server but not showing up in user's inbox

13. new email will not show up in inbox automatically