Help!!

Post by Vincen » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 01:10:05

Hi,

I've troubleshoot the problems till now...
1) Connect a new server to a new switch set an fixed
internal ip address
1) Reformat and reinstall w2k server.
2) Install AD and DNS
3) Install Exchange
4) After Exchange, do a reboot
5) after booting up, check event viewer and it shows under
application tab that theres red cross sign saying exchange
cannot find ds server
6) However, the error only occurs the timing just before
it reboot. When the server is restarted, there's no error.
7) I couldn't ignore it becuase after 1 day, all the
exchange services will failed again.

Help!!

Post by David Sengupta [MVP » Wed, 05 Sep 2001 22:57:33

So where is the AD server and where is the E2K server in respect to the
firewall (if any)?  Same box? Different box?  Is E2K trying to go across
firewall?

--
David Sengupta  MCSE, CCA
Exchange MVP  & Consultant, Ottawa, Canada

Quote:> Hi,

> I've troubleshoot the problems till now...
> 1) Connect a new server to a new switch set an fixed
> internal ip address
> 1) Reformat and reinstall w2k server.
> 2) Install AD and DNS
> 3) Install Exchange
> 4) After Exchange, do a reboot
> 5) after booting up, check event viewer and it shows under
> application tab that theres red cross sign saying exchange
> cannot find ds server
> 6) However, the error only occurs the timing just before
> it reboot. When the server is restarted, there's no error.
> 7) I couldn't ignore it becuase after 1 day, all the
> exchange services will failed again.

Help!!

Post by Vincen » Sun, 09 Sep 2001 16:21:46

Did the installation in one box. No firewall.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>So where is the AD server and where is the E2K server in
respect to the
>firewall (if any)?  Same box? Different box?  Is E2K
trying to go across
>firewall?

>--
>David Sengupta  MCSE, CCA
>Exchange MVP  & Consultant, Ottawa, Canada
>Exchange 5.5 FAQ -

Quote:>Exchange 2000 FAQ -

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm
>Exchange 2000 Resources - http://www.exinternals.com

>> Hi,

>> I've troubleshoot the problems till now...
>> 1) Connect a new server to a new switch set an fixed
>> internal ip address
>> 1) Reformat and reinstall w2k server.
>> 2) Install AD and DNS
>> 3) Install Exchange
>> 4) After Exchange, do a reboot
>> 5) after booting up, check event viewer and it shows
under
>> application tab that theres red cross sign saying
exchange
>> cannot find ds server
>> 6) However, the error only occurs the timing just before
>> it reboot. When the server is restarted, there's no
error.
>> 7) I couldn't ignore it becuase after 1 day, all the
>> exchange services will failed again.

>.

Help!!

Post by David Sengupta [MVP » Sat, 15 Sep 2001 21:50:54

Check that your DNS zone includes _msdcs and the other SRV records.

--
EXOCOM (www.exocom.com) - Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Halifax