1. Manual configuration??to enable me to see another computer?
I currently have:
-2 XP home edition computers Directly Connected by means of a verified
-machine 1 (parent)-has a cable modem connection, via a secondary NIC.It
also has a NIC with the crossover cable direct to machine 2. And has an
that I assigned of: 192.168.0.44
-machine 2 (client):has 1 NIC with the crossover cable connected to the
host. It's IP was also manually assigned as: 192.168.0.45
Under "this connection uses the following items" under General on the
Network properties, I have the following:
-Client for Microsoft Networks
-QoS packet Scheduler
-File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
-Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
Both computers say that they are connected to a network. Both are sending
out packets. But neither have recieved a single packet. The NIC's are
verified as working. THe crossover cable is also verified as working.
Both computers can see themselves, but not each other, Both computers say
they are in the same workgroup.
Neither computer can see the others shared files, but they obviously can see
I tried setting the other computers IP to be the same as machine1's
(192.168.0.44) and when I did it said there was a conflict in addresses on
the parent machine. Does this mean they are connected together?
I have several questions:
- Under "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" properties for the Hosts NIC should the
NETBios be Disbled??? And should LMHosts be enabled???
-Because they are connected via a crossover cable, is it necessary to set a
"Default Gateway"? If so, do I set it as machine1 on machine2's TCP/IP
- Do i need to manually set up any settings to allow the two computers to
see each other??? It's as if they don't know the other is there but are
Oh yeah and my ICS isn't working yet either, but I'm just taking it one step
at a time. I just want the two computers to be NETWORKED! Is it possible or
does XP need ICS for some reason.
Thanks again guys!!!
2. I got an error everytime I connect a palm to my PC
3. Component: "..." requires additional enabled components not in the configuration
4. Error code 39
5. DV-in enabling or just configuration!?
6. Nt and Unix
7. FTP configuration: enabling the Passive (PASV) mode
8. Odd network arrangement
9. Auto Configuration
10. IE 5.01 Auto Configuration File
11. Proxy Auto Configuration and Wingate
12. Auto Configuration
13. Auto Proxy Configuration PLEASE HELP!!!