WinME cannot find sysedit !

Post by Mike » Thu, 15 May 2003 23:45:10

Hi,
  I am troubleshooting a pc.....HP4533-amd k6-2 450MHz -
with winme...I am getting alot of errors and now try to
run sysedit and windows cannot find. Also tried
notepad/autoexec.bat with same results...any help????

WinME cannot find sysedit !

Post by Koldbea » Fri, 16 May 2003 00:07:42

ME does not come with Sysedit.
If you have an old 98 or 98se CD, you can copy it from there.
All you need is SYSEDIT.EXE. Install it in C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System.

--
8O)
Koldbear

> Hi,
>   I am troubleshooting a pc.....HP4533-amd k6-2 450MHz -
> with winme...I am getting alot of errors and now try to
> run sysedit and windows cannot find. Also tried
> notepad/autoexec.bat with same results...any help????

WinME cannot find sysedit !

Post by Mike » Fri, 16 May 2003 00:07:18

Win Me does not contain sysedit.  Nor does Win Me use autoexec.bat or
config.sys both of which are retained solely for backwards compatibility.  If
you wish to edit either win.ini or system.ini this can be done either by using
MSConfig or a simple test editor such as Notepad.
--
Mike Maltby

Post by Mike » Fri, 16 May 2003 00:46:16

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Win Me does not contain sysedit.  Nor does Win Me use
autoexec.bat or
>config.sys both of which are retained solely for

backwards compatibility.  If
Quote:>you wish to edit either win.ini or system.ini this can be

done either by using
Quote:>MSConfig or a simple test editor such as Notepad.
>-- Ok, thanks very much for your time and information. My

problem seems to be a Vcache problem among other things. I
have advised her to do a fresh install because the
registry seems to be corrupt also. Thanks for the help!!
>Mike Maltby

>>   I am troubleshooting a pc.....HP4533-amd k6-2 450MHz -
>> with winme...I am getting alot of errors and now try to
>> run sysedit and windows cannot find. Also tried
>> notepad/autoexec.bat with same results...any help????

>.

WinME cannot find sysedit !

Post by Noel Pato » Fri, 16 May 2003 14:44:51

No need for a clean install!
Run SCANREG /FIX from a command prompt - and reboot on request.
Open system.ini in Notepad, and edit the vCache entry to read appropriately
(but note - never set a minimum, and the MaxFileCache entry must be less
than or equal to 512MB (with the last three figures removed - for
simplicity, most people use 512000 as a working maximum, where more than
512MB RAM is installed)

If the problem appears to be that even after running the scanreg /fix, on
boot you are getting registry error messages, then it's possible that you
have bad RAM. - download DocMemory from www.simmtester.com, and create the
boot disks - use them to test out the memory overnight.

HTH
--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2003, Win9x)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Quote:> >-- Ok, thanks very much for your time and information. My
> problem seems to be a Vcache problem among other things. I
> have advised her to do a fresh install because the
> registry seems to be corrupt also. Thanks for the help!!

1. Can't find sysedit

Hi,

I run Windows ME and can not find sysedit

I am selecting 'run' from the start menu and typing sysedit.

All I am getting is a message saying 'Windows can not find sysedit'.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Regards

Sonars UK

PS: I need to find it as I am trying to stop certain programs starting up
when the system boots up.

2. wxMac, Project builder internal error

3. Red X placesavers and Cannot Find Server or The Page Cannot be found

4. Uninstalling Program Failed

5. cannot run sysedit or regedit

6. XP Home won't save my POP mail settings

7. Could not find domain controller for this domain/cannot find the Primary DC

8. Winsock online help

9. Cannot find DSN & Page not found

10. could not find domain controller for this domain/cannot find the PDC

11. Cannot Find Website/Cannot display Page

12. cannot find aol.exe./pdf file cannot be retrieved

13. OE cannot open, cannot find file