Command Line Calls & Paths in Win95 & NT

Command Line Calls & Paths in Win95 & NT

Post by Scot Wit » Tue, 18 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Here's the problem:

We're in the process of developing a 32bit version of our existing software
package. We're going to keep the C++ subset compiler at 16 bit (there's no
advantage in upgrading it). One of the important features we need to keep
is the ability to call the Windows executables from an icon (ala Win3.x) or
a shortcut (ala Win95). Both of these work just fine because we can point
to a path through the 'work directory/folder' box. But our executables fail
when using a simple command line call from another program. Everything
works great, except we need to point to the proper .DLL's and executables
to a default directory/folder. We've been going through the Win95 and WinNT
registries without luck. How can we point/path? Is there a registry issue
here? Any tips on solving it? Thanks in advance for any help!

     http://homepage.interaccess.com/~scotwitt/
"Sometimes She saw her unborn children in his eyes"
                         -Michael Smith