"Program not responding" query

Post by B. Smit » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 19:31:58

Meaning of error message :-

"Program not responding", please?

Thank you.

"Program not responding" query

Post by heirloo » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 06:39:48

The "meaning" is self-explanatory, the reasons for the message are more
numerous than the number of programs available for your machine.  If the
problem persists with one particular program, it may be necessary to
uninstall and reinstall or repair (an option with some programs) that
particular program.
What program is producing the error message?...or what tasks are you
performing when you get the error?  The more information you provide, the
easier it will be for someone to provide a useful response.
                            Heirloom, old and responding

Quote:> Meaning of error message :-

> "Program not responding", please?

> Thank you.

"Program not responding" query

Post by Mont » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 13:10:02

Um, it means the program died.  What do you do with a dead program?  You
kill it.  Hmm.  Maybe "close it" is a better term.

--
Monty Barker
My website: http://home.earthlink.net/~ourcozylittlenest

Quote:> Meaning of error message :-

> "Program not responding", please?

> Thank you.

1. "Program not responding; wait, shut down?" HELP!!

I've had new problems with IE5 since downloading and
installing critical updates.  After I close the browser
I'm unable to shut down quickly as I had before.  A window
comes up saying the program is "not responding" and do I
want to wait or shut down. It takes several minutes before
I can finally shut down. It just hangs and hangs.  I've
gone into msconfig and done the ususal clean up of the
startup programs hoping that would help, but it didn't. I
never had these problems before. HELP!!

Thanks!

2. Installation

3. "help" or "convert" is not recognized as a program

4. Network connection still won't work

5. Several "program not responding" problems

6. XP Activiation

7. "Programs Not Responding"

8. Browser with IE

9. "Change/Remove" button does not display in "Add/Remove" Programs

10. MS programs "not responding"

11. "help" or "convert" is not recognized as a program

12. Memory could not be "written" "read" errors, terminates program

13. Programs "Not Responding"