Request info on IIS & Netscape Enterprise

Request info on IIS & Netscape Enterprise

Post by Dennis » Sat, 21 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I'm looking for information on Microsoft's Internet Information Server
2.0 and Netscape's Enterprise Server.  Our IS group is looking to
upgrade their current server software (Netscape Communications Server
on running on NT Server 3.51) to one of the two platforms.
Personally, I think Netscape is the better choice, but IIS may be
easier to implement and work with.

If you have experience with either of these products, I'd like to hear
both the good and bad sides of the experience.  Some key information
I'd like to have are:
1.) The time it took to install
2.) The time to setup the administration
3.) Any sort of trouble with setup
4.) Problems after setup
5.) Performance
6.) The hardware that is being used
7.) Any sort of CGI implementation you have (i.e. linking to SQL,
etc.)
8.) Tools used for CGI implementation (i.e. Perl / C / C++ scripts,
dbWeb, IDC, etc.)
9.) What made you decide on the product you use.
10.) How would you rate the product and why? (1-10)

Much Thanks in Advance.

Dennis Au
Programmer/Analyst
UCLA OID - Audio Visual Services
Campbell Hall B-103
Los Angeles, CA 90095
(310) 206-9884

1. ACTOR: info & info request

naivete? i received an ad in mail: ACTOR 3.0 for $99.99 until 910401
1-800-323-1809.  i assume it was keyed from my purchase of BORC++prof.

REQUEST: please comment as to the worthwhileness of this software and
its area of use.  i have absolutely NO idea about this as a language,
window tool, db tool etc.  ALSO, please focus me to the correct
group to which this subject belongs.

please respond to the news groups as i have not consistently received
mail here.

tx

wolfgang (this life is totaly for my own interest)

2. Web site stole my email address

3. MS IIS vs Netscape Enterprise Server

4. Internet Explorer V 6 - No History

5. IIS info request please

6. DUN - related problem

7. Perl & Netscape Enterprise Server

8. Windows 95 Password

9. IIS 3.0: Request("variable") doesn't work with Netscape

10. MSIE 4 & Netscape Enterprise cgi+frames problem

11. NT Perl & Netscape Enterprise Server

12. Multi-homed site using NT 3.51 & Netscape Enterprise 2.0

13. Info. Request on AT&T Multimedia