Epson Stylus ESC/2 Driver for NT

Post by Jon R. Gallaghe » Tue, 21 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I noticed that the quality of the output on the EPSON Inkjets we use
(when reproducing photos) is poor when we run it from an NT box, but
good when we run it from a Win95 box.

We have tried both NT 3.51 and 4.0... I get very blocky output.

Any suggestion other than run all print jobs off 95?

Thank you in advance,  -Jon
Please remove # from infront of my Email address.  This discourages
Spambots from junkmailing me.

Post by Andrzej Jan Taramin » Wed, 22 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> I noticed that the quality of the output on the EPSON Inkjets we use
> (when reproducing photos) is poor when we run it from an NT box, but
> good when we run it from a Win95 box.

'Fraid that you are out of luck for the moment.  The NT 4.0 Epson driver
has a bad bug that blocks colours together...the lack of colour
separation
causes the poor output quality.  Obviously, Win95 drivers do not have
this
problem.

I reported this as a bug to Microsoft before Christmas...still no
updated
drivers nor even the courtesy of a reply, but then that is roughly what
expected.  Zenographics is working on a set of NT 4.0 drivers (they have
3.51
versions that supposedly work) but these will not be ready till sometime
early
February.

Your only option is to print through Win95 until an updated driver
becomes
available.

I would also suggest that you e-mail Microsoft with your displeasure so
that they get off their butts and fix this problem.  As drivers are
fairly
table driven these days, it should not be a real big deal for them.