Msie4.0 Alpha

Post by A Jacob » Mon, 14 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know where to find the Alpha version of Microsoft Internet
Explorer 4.0? I know it's out there somewhere and would be very glad to
test-drive it!!

Thanks in advance,

Jan

Msie4.0 Alpha

Post by Lau Pak K » Mon, 14 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>Does anyone know where to find the Alpha version of Microsoft Internet
>Explorer 4.0? I know it's out there somewhere and would be very glad to
>test-drive it!!
>Thanks in advance,
>Jan

ftp.tku.edu.tw//pc/winsock/new/msie40.zip

P.K.

Msie4.0 Alpha

Post by Dave » Mon, 14 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Lau Pak Kin wrote on Sun, 13 Oct 1996 11:14:30 GMT:

> > /msie40.zip

> That is an old version and I dont recommend installing it on your
> system if you need to keep it stable.

Don't Install this on your system, it has really wrecked
many WIN95 setups. Wait for the beta next month.

Not worth the time to download it.

Dave

Msie4.0 Alpha

Post by Kai Schaet » Tue, 15 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Lau Pak Kin wrote on Sun, 13 Oct 1996 11:14:30 GMT:

Quote:> /msie40.zip

That is an old version and I dont recommend installing it on your
system if you need to keep it stable.

Kai
--

*           Kai Sch?tzl, Berlin, Germany            *
* Erste Hilfe fr Internet-Neulinge mit Windows 95: *

Msie4.0 Alpha

Post by Dick Hugh » Tue, 15 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>> Lau Pak Kin wrote on Sun, 13 Oct 1996 11:14:30 GMT:

>> > /msie40.zip

>> That is an old version and I dont recommend installing it on your
>> system if you need to keep it stable.

>Don't Install this on your system, it has really wrecked
>many WIN95 setups. Wait for the beta next month.

>Not worth the time to download it.

>Dave

I can vouch for that.  Took me a while, but I got humpty dumpty back
together again.  Thought I had lost the whole thing.  Don't mess with
it.

Dick Hughes

Msie4.0 Alpha

Post by Paul Thurrot » Wed, 23 Oct 1996 04:00:00

If you can just wait two weeks, a less-buggy beta will be available on the
MS
web site.

Paul

> >Does anyone know where to find the Alpha version of Microsoft Internet
> >Explorer 4.0? I know it's out there somewhere and would be very glad to
> >test-drive it!!

> >Thanks in advance,

> >Jan

> ftp.tku.edu.tw//pc/winsock/new/msie40.zip

> P.K.

Msie4.0 Alpha

Post by Marcus Loa » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>If you can just wait two weeks, a less-buggy beta will be available on the
>MS
>web site.

>Paul

Where did you hear this? I was under the impression it had been
delayed until the end of the year although I hope I'm wrong.
--
Marcus L.

Msie4.0 Alpha

Post by Club » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00

There are no immediate plans for a beta release of IE4.

It currently is still in beta.

No, I do not have it.

--

Michael Barnes
Site Builder Network Level 2

> >If you can just wait two weeks, a less-buggy beta will be available on
the
> >MS
> >web site.

> >Paul
> Where did you hear this? I was under the impression it had been
> delayed until the end of the year although I hope I'm wrong.
> --
> Marcus L.

Msie4.0 Alpha

Post by Kai Schaetz » Sun, 27 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Where did you hear this? I was under the impression it had been
> delayed until the end of the year although I hope I'm wrong.

MSIE 4 will be unveiled as a beta on Sitebuilder Conference next week in Las
Vegas.

Kai

--

Kai Sch?tzl, Berlin, Germany
German Win95 Helpsite: http://bolero95.home.ml.org
ClubIEurope: http://www.ClubIE.com/team10/

Msie4.0 Alpha

Post by Paul Thurrott - ClubIE/MV » Mon, 28 Oct 1996 03:00:00

Internet Explorer 4.0 alpha will be displayed at the Site Builders
conference as Kai says.  The public beta has been delayed yet again
to mid-November.  Other beta releases at that time include Internet
Studio ("Vista") and Visual Basic 5.0 Control Creation Edition.

Paul

--
Paul Thurrott
Big Tent Media Labs