"Target" menu delays before drop-down

Post by Jim Eshelma » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 19:41:49

Quote:> When I do a "save as" or "browse" type function in which
> you have the location window with the little box/down
> triangle icon, there is a several second delay before the
> box drops down. Say I am "in" My Documents and want to
> save a file to the Desktop. When I click the little
> box/triangle to change locs, it hesitates for a while,
> then drops so that I can select Desktop (or wherever).
> Thanks for any assistance!

Does this happen in *all* folders? Or only some? Does it, perhaps, only
occur in folders have a very large number of files in them? If so, does the
problem go away if you, say, move half of the files to someplace else?

--
Jim Eshelman MS-MVP
My most common newsgroup answers can be found at:

1. drop down menu on "File" tab

I am new to the Windows operating procedures and have
found that when I click on the File tab in the upper left,
that I have a bazillion files which are displayed of which
I would like to clear. They expand and extend the entire
menu to almost the bottom of the screen! I went to
the "Tools" tab, to see about clearing them from there,
but am unable to see any type of assistance in that mode.
Could somebody send a reply about this to me? so that I may
have everything appear as it was when it was fresh and
uncluttered.
Thanks.
Max

2. IE Pop-up window location

3. how do i clear the "file "drop down menu

4. can partition magic PRO work with xp?

5. How Do I "Untruncate" Favorites Drop Down Menu?

6. FTP drive changing in Netscape

7. How I can change from "suspend" to "shut down" at start menu?

8. How to Import into Outlook Express

9. Can't "Restart is MS-DOS Mode" from "Shut Down" menu

10. to clear the "Open URL" drop-down box

11. "Back" button drop-down list question

12. How to sort drop-down "From:" list?

13. Missing choices from Search "Look in" drop-down list?