Diamond SpeedStarPro ISA and Win95

Post by Roman Zielins » Sat, 12 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I looked into MS's hardware compatibility list but I could not find
my video board. They listed the same board but for VL and PCI buses only.

Have someone succeeded to run higher resolutions on
Diamond SpeedStar Pro (Cyrus chip) with ISA under Win95/beta???

Has win95 new drivers or are they reusing the old for win3.1?

Thanks

Roman

Please answer via e-mail.

Post by John Tab » Tue, 15 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Quote:Zielinski) writes:
>Have someone succeeded to run higher resolutions on
>Diamond SpeedStar Pro (Cyrus chip) with ISA under Win95/beta???

under Win95 build 950R-6.  Running 1024x768 on my system requires me to
revert to 8-bit color.

John

1. Diamond Supra Express 56K Internal ISA

    Just a question.  I have a Diamond 56K ISA modem.  It's on my ASUS P3V4X
machine.  I've been hearing about how much better external modems are.  And
the USB versions are only $30.

    Since Verizon/Cablevision don't seem to think my neighborhood is good
enough for DSL (been 2 years now), I'm considering getting an external USB
modem.

    Would there be any noticable difference in the devices (better
connect/transmission speed)?  I've never really had any problems with my old
ISA modem, but if it's going to be better with an external device, for $30
I'd give it a shot.

2. CF Card/Driver question

3. Diamond 3D 2000 and diamonds lack of good customer service..

4. emergency boot-up disk with networking drivers?

5. SPEA Mirage ISA NT/win95

6. DHCP Server

7. Diamond 7000 multimedia on win95?

8. Uncompressed Vid Files

9. Hitachi CD-ROM with Diamond 5000 Sound Card in Win95

10. Win95 Preview and Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM (S3 968)

11. problems with win95 and Diamond Monster 3dfx

12. Someone w/Win95+Diamond Stealth Video??

13. Win95 & Diamond Stealth 64