HELP HELP PLEASE Windows ce / palmtop question please

HELP HELP PLEASE Windows ce / palmtop question please

Post by LRembe » Thu, 07 Sep 2000 11:16:09

I'm looking to buy a palm top that will run a dos program i already have.  Its
a old program that computes x y positions on points. (cogo pack).  The total
program requires 1.37 kb of hard drive room on my existing P.C.  I.m not sure
how much ram the .exe file requires.     Any help will be a big help

Lee Rembert

HELP HELP PLEASE Windows ce / palmtop question please

Post by Don » Thu, 07 Sep 2000 22:28:55

Check the WinCE shareware sites (cNET has one, among others) for a an
application that sets up a DOS window on the device. You may be able to run
your program from there. I have not tried it, but I believe it works
on PsPC's and handhelds. I don't know if it has been upgraded for WinCE 3.0
yet. From what I understand it is essentially compatible with DOS 6.22.

BTW, I haven't heard the term CoGo in a long time. I'm a mechanical
engineer, but as I remember that is for mapping.

HELP HELP PLEASE Windows ce / palmtop question please

Post by Gerd Staudenmaie » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 03:01:51

Hi,

I have a shareware DOS box called PocketDOS 1.03 running on my iPaq. That
device is actually the fastest WinCE based PDA and should be fast enough for
running your application.

> I'm looking to buy a palm top that will run a dos program i already have.
Its
> a old program that computes x y positions on points. (cogo pack).  The
total
> program requires 1.37 kb of hard drive room on my existing P.C.  I.m not
sure
> how much ram the .exe file requires.     Any help will be a big help

> Lee Rembert

1. HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE

Hello,

I am having a problem which I don't quite understand.

I recently used my COMPAQ RECOVERY CD and restarted my
computer back to it's original factory settings.

Since then, when I got back on the Internet I can no
longer play on Yahoo games. (www.yahoo.com/games) It
gives me 4 reasons:

1) You are behind a firewall.
2) You are not connected to the internet.
3) The server is down.
4) You have a stale page in your cache.

I was connected to the Internet, the server was not down,
I have erased all of the pages in my cache, so that leads
me to one conclusion, the firewall.

Also, I have been unable to go into chatrooms, I can use
the Yahoo chatrooms, but at the start of a chatroom it
says "You cannot use Voice in this chat because you are
behind a firewall" or something very similar to that.
Some other chatrooms do not work. (www.rimestimes.com,
www.leannfans.com)

I have not done anything to change anything as far as I
know, can someone please help me?

I have tried checking the Firewall box on my connections
in the `Advanced` tab and it still doesn't work either
way.

Can someone tell me what I need to do, in a simple way if
you can.

Thanx.

~Michael~

2. Adding Autoplay Actions

3. need URGENT help fixing my WIndows Media Player, Please, Please help me

4. windows 3.11 HELP!

5. Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Please

6. Windows XP Home Outlook Express

7. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP PLEASE

8. Losing net connection when xp goes in power saving mode

9. can some please help me with this question.....please

10. please please please help!!!!!

11. -->PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me with Audio Logic 2.6<--

12. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

13. Please Please Please Help