win 2k server re-boot problem

Post by morten » Tue, 17 Apr 2001 23:00:04

Hi I'm buliding a server containing :
1 intel stl2 MB
2 x 1000 mhz intel p3
1024 MB RAM ECC REG.
asr 300 controller
6x 36 GB ultra 160 ibm HDD
....... floppy & so on

after installation of win 2k , the system tries to find hardware units then
suddenly it reboots and does it again and again

Tried to:
use the onboard scsi controller ( disabled when normal opr.)
use an ide hdd
exchange RAM
use other keyb mouse

what is the problem

win 2k server re-boot problem

Post by Goo » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 08:40:00

Wrong newsgroup!

However .. try installing using "standard" device selections ..  then
manually load correct junk after it's installed and working.

it also never hurts for one to read the install.txt file located on
the Win2k CD

Quote:>Hi I'm buliding a server containing :
>1 intel stl2 MB
>2 x 1000 mhz intel p3
>1024 MB RAM ECC REG.
>asr 300 controller
>6x 36 GB ultra 160 ibm HDD
>....... floppy & so on

>after installation of win 2k , the system tries to find hardware units then
>suddenly it reboots and does it again and again

>Tried to:
>use the onboard scsi controller ( disabled when normal opr.)
>use an ide hdd
>exchange RAM
>use other keyb mouse

>what is the problem

1. Dual boot Win 2K Server and WinXP - problem

I have set up a dual boot with Win2K Server on the one partition and WinXP
on the other partition. Both OSs work fine but i need to format Win2K
partition to reinstall that OS. Is there any way at all to reinstall the
Win2K server partition and still preserve the dual boot and WinXP
partition????

Thanks
Jason

2. bypass PASSWORD logon window --windows xp?

3. Uninstall DCHP server on Win 2k server and use Linksys DHCP builtin server

4. Control Panel Crashes When Closed

5. XP won't boot after failed 2k server instalation

6. Unable to refresh 3.5 floppy in Windows NT Explorer

7. Win 2K server hangs while booting on "Preparing network connections"..

8. HP serialmouse in NT 3.51

9. Triple Booting WIn ME, Win 2K, Win XP

10. Win XP and 2k boot problems

11. Media Server on Win 2K Server stops

12. Win 2K sp3 MAC server problem

13. Win 2K server to Win XP encoder