Connect printer thru 10BaseT?

Post by Suzu » Wed, 29 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I am wondering if it's possible to connect my PC to a printer (which has
a 10BaseT port) using a hub or directly connecting with a cross-over cable.

My PC of course has a NIC, and I would like to connect to my printer
without using any LPT ports.

Thanks!

Masa

Connect printer thru 10BaseT?

Post by Information Service » Wed, 29 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Depends on the printer, (network interface and protocol) and your PC.  If
it is an HP with a JetDriect card or an Intel NetPort, the software is
available and the protocols relatively easy to set up.  Anything else will
take some research.  Try looking at the manufacturers web page.

Quote:> Hello,

> I am wondering if it's possible to connect my PC to a printer (which has
> a 10BaseT port) using a hub or directly connecting with a cross-over
cable.

> My PC of course has a NIC, and I would like to connect to my printer
> without using any LPT ports.

> Thanks!

> Masa

1. How do I connect network printers thru login script?

My first post here. After less than 10 minutes of searching, I found the
answer to 1 question. But not this one.
I have created a logon script which will map network drives at logon. But
how do you do printers that way? BTW, none of these printers are connected
to the server.

Thanks guys,
D. Lewis

2. SOMEBODY HELP ME ! COME ON !

3. Connect 2 PCs, NIC-to-NIC, 10BaseT

4. Windows XP

5. Connecting 10Base2 (coax) network to 10BaseT Cable Modem- IS IT POSSIBLE?

6. System Shock 2

7. Newbie questions - connecting two win95 PCs via 10baseT

8. search with indexing service

9. Overclocking thru Windows or thru the BIOS?

10. Connecting to web thru AOL

11. connecting to a microsoft exchange server thru internet

12. remote connecting thru a router

13. XP wont connect 2 internet thru host machine