Windows IP Conflict

Post by - 781 » Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:46:09

Since I have reformatted my PC, WindowsXP Pro, and re-installed MS Router
MN-500, I have been having IP conflicts whenever I would connect my Laptop
Windows XP Pro, wirelessly.
I click on the little yellow triangle with exclamation mark, and it
disappears.
I can't connect via Remote Desktop connection either since this happened.
What can be causing this? Should I reinstall MS Broadband Utility?
Thanks for your help.
Gino

Windows IP Conflict

Post by - 781 » Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:23:49

Application popup: Windows - System Error : There is an IP address conflict
with another system on the network

Hopefully this will help
Gino

> first, can you post what shows up in the event log?
> can you also post the log from the base station?

> was a network bridge created ?

> you should not need to reinstall the base station when you format a
> computer, only reinstall the Broadband Utility.

> >Since I have reformatted my PC, WindowsXP Pro, and re-installed MS Router
> >MN-500, I have been having IP conflicts whenever I would connect my
Laptop
> >Windows XP Pro, wirelessly.
> >I click on the little yellow triangle with exclamation mark, and it
> >disappears.
> >I can't connect via Remote Desktop connection either since this happened.
> >What can be causing this? Should I reinstall MS Broadband Utility?
> >Thanks for your help.
> >Gino

> --
> Barb Bowman
> Expert Zone Columnist
> MS-MVP (Windows)

Windows IP Conflict

Post by Barb Bowman [MVP-Windows » Sat, 18 Oct 2003 18:45:50

what about the log from the base station?
at this point, you should do a complete factory reset of the base
station (hold an unfolded paper clip in the reset hole for more than 5
seconds). set up the base station again.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

1. dhcp assigned ip can't connect to internet conflict with ip-help

I have  NT SERVER assigning  IP addresses to pc's running 95,  pc's must
use TCP/IP  to access software on lan.  pc's can't connect to internet
because the NT SERVER  has provided an  IP address that the service
provider doesn't recognize.

How can i tell the pc's to use the IP addess assigned by the NT SERVER
for  local only, and to accept IP address from the service provider?

I have little experience please help

2. Small Secondary IE Windows

3. NT 4.0 TCP/IP problem: IP conflict

4. FS: Casio E-10 New In Box

5. TCP/IP stack conflict in Windows 3.1 HELP !!!!

6. MS IIS crashes WIN NT !

7. Windows NT 3.1 and Chameleon TCP/IP conflicts

8. I need Netscape

9. Conflict for IP Address

10. IP Address Conflict

11. IP address conflict

12. DSL IP Address Conflict

13. Losing Internet Connection with IP Conflict error Msg