Hardware Configuration

Post by Randall Molito » Sat, 29 Dec 2001 14:26:39

My on board USB and my video card adapter share the same IRQ. I believe this is causing popping noise in my USB video capturing
device when in TV mode. Any way to move one of them to a different IRQ. I have tried the BIOS. I can change the USB but the video
card goes along with it. I have tried the Device Manager configuration settings but both have only one setting option. Any ideas?
.....Thanks

Hardware Configuration

Post by Jack E Martinell » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 02:05:24

If the video adapter is a PCI card, move it to another PCI slot.

If not, boot to BIOS setup, and disable USB.  Reboot and let the system
reconfigure the video adapter.  Then reboot to BIOS and reenable the USB.
Reboot and see if it enumerates and reallocates a different IRQ.

--
Jack E. Martinelli       2002 MVP for Win9X
Help us help you:  http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm

Quote:> My on board USB and my video card adapter share the same IRQ. I believe this

is causing popping noise in my USB video capturing
Quote:> device when in TV mode. Any way to move one of them to a different IRQ. I

have tried the BIOS. I can change the USB but the video
Quote:> card goes along with it. I have tried the Device Manager configuration

settings but both have only one setting option. Any ideas?
Quote:> .....Thanks

Hardware Configuration

Post by Randall Molito » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 10:46:40

Thanks Jack. Changing to another PCI slot changed the IRQ. I was wrong about the popping. It's still there. Must be an issue for
ATI.