How do I convert MS graphics to UNIX?

Post by Elizabeth S. Dunb » Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Partly depends on what you want the UNIX machine to do with it. If you
want it webworthy, convert it to .gif or .jpg - UNIX can do this, or you
can (much easier and much, much more fun) use Paint Shop Pro, which you
can download free for awhile - but it's worth paying for.  Any number of
graphics programs nowadays convert nicely. And the UNIX machine can read
your DOS disk & files. Depends what you want to do with it.

Liz Dunbar
Baltimore MD

: to a picture that is read by a UNIX machine?

1. Convert MS DOS filenames to long filenames?

When I copied my data files from another computer to a CD
to be used on my new Pentium 4 laptop, all the long
filenames changed to the old MS DOS convention e.g.
MSDOS~1. This has never happened before.  Is there anyway
to recover the original filenames in XP Pro without
renaming every individual file? I have a gig data that
needs changed. The original computer is DEAD and the cd
data copy is all I have left. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Al

2. Auto updating file locations

3. Capturing DOS graphics from DOS window

4. MIDI & SERVERS

5. converting MS Write documents to MS Word

6. HELP!!! XP Pro Problems!!!!

7. Converting MS SQL to MS SQL CE

8. ?? - are MCE and WM9 not comaptible....??

9. What is the best program to convert MS Works files to new MS Programs??

10. Converting Netscape Mail folder to MS Internet Mail and News Folder (or MS Exchange) ?

11. Telnet problems WIN to Unix but not UNIX to UNIX

12. MS WfWG: DOS apps fail erratically, bad DOS environment - fix

13. DOS TCP/IP install pb (MS DOS Network Client)