WAV Extension

Post by Peter Gedde » Mon, 01 Oct 2001 08:12:19

I am having problems with Windows 'resetting' the WAV extension.  When I
tell Windows ME to open WAV files with Sound Recorder, every boot resets it
to 'Unknown Application'

I have deleted the WAV extension in My Computer/Folder Options.  When I try
to create WAV from scratch, 3 options are in the drop down list - WAV Clip,
Wave Sound and Wave.  No matter which one I create, it is put back to
'Unknow Application'

No other programs are configured to associate themselves with WAV files.

I would like Wave Sound to be associated, because I have added several
options to the Right Click menu.

Thanks

Peter Geddes

WAV Extension

Post by NOto.. » Tue, 02 Oct 2001 07:44:47

Several months ago I removed all WAV file program associations and
created a file type from scratch called "WAV File". Then associated it
with Sound Recorder and added one action only: play.

Then edited the action and typed this in the box named "Application used
to perform action":
C:\WINDOWS\SNDREC32.EXE "%1" /play /close

It has worked perfectly since that time; in Windows Explorer, Sound
Recorder opens, plays, and then closes any wav file.

> I am having problems with Windows 'resetting' the WAV extension.  When I
> tell Windows ME to open WAV files with Sound Recorder, every boot resets it
> to 'Unknown Application'

> I have deleted the WAV extension in My Computer/Folder Options.  When I try
> to create WAV from scratch, 3 options are in the drop down list - WAV Clip,
> Wave Sound and Wave.  No matter which one I create, it is put back to
> 'Unknow Application'

> No other programs are configured to associate themselves with WAV files.

> I would like Wave Sound to be associated, because I have added several
> options to the Right Click menu.

> Thanks

> Peter Geddes

1. Lost Icons for .mov and .wav extensions

This is not a big problem, but I don't like problems at all ;-)

I've somehow lost the green camera icon for .mov extensions and the
yellow speaker for .wav extensions
both of which are used by ActiveMovie and/or Media Player.
Unforunately, I don't know the (probably .dll - )file where these icons
(also for .mpg .aiff a.s.o.) are stored.

Can anybody help me, or even send me the names of all common
icon-archives?? I sometimes remember one like moricons.dll, but every
time I need a certain icon, I can't find it :-((

Heiko

2. Connecting to internet

3. Need MS CD Extensions/Multimedia Extensions

4. Win 3.1 won't startup

5. IE6 Downloads add extension .pdd to existing extension

6. COM2 not working under win98

7. MPG extension changes to MPA extension

8. Folder Options File Extensions missing correct extensions

9. unknown extension... extension inconnue !!

10. Mixing several wav files to disk as one wav file

11. vox->wav, wav->vox and .net

12. How to Transfer an CCITT encoded wav into PCM wav?