Removing "My Network Places"

Post by Noel Pato » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:05:26

Start/settings/control panel/network/

Remove "Client for Microsoft networks".
All you need for Internet access are "Dial-up adaptor" and "TCP-IP".

--
Noel

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Quote:> How do I remove "My Network Places" from the desktop?

> - Dave

Removing "My Network Places"

Post by Steve Winogra » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 06:31:14

>>How do I remove "My Network Places" from the desktop?

>Start/settings/control panel/network/

>Remove "Client for Microsoft networks".
>All you need for Internet access are "Dial-up adaptor" and "TCP-IP".

That will do it, all right.

It's also possible that it will prevent Windows Me from saving
passwords for dial-up connections, web sites, etc.  If that happens,

1. Add the client called "Microsoft Family Logon".
2. Set the primary network logon to Windows Logon.
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp

Sorry, but I don't give technical support by E-mail.
Please post all questions in the news group.

Steve Winograd's Networking FAQ
http://www.sohointer.net/winograd/faq.htm

Removing "My Network Places"

Post by Noel Pato » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 06:39:34

true :-/
--
Noel

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

> >>How do I remove "My Network Places" from the desktop?

> >Start/settings/control panel/network/

> >Remove "Client for Microsoft networks".
> >All you need for Internet access are "Dial-up adaptor" and "TCP-IP".

> That will do it, all right.

> It's also possible that it will prevent Windows Me from saving
> passwords for dial-up connections, web sites, etc.  If that happens,

> 1. Add the client called "Microsoft Family Logon".
> 2. Set the primary network logon to Windows Logon.
> --
> Best Wishes,
> Steve Winograd, MS-MVP

> Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp

> Sorry, but I don't give technical support by E-mail.
> Please post all questions in the news group.

> Steve Winograd's Networking FAQ
> http://www.sohointer.net/winograd/faq.htm

1. remove "My network Places"

On my WinME I just un/reinstalled my dial-up networking through
add/remove programs and now I have a "Enter your Network Password" box
at bootup and a "My Network Places" icon on my desktop. I don't know
what I did to creat these and I do not need them. How can I remove
them?

Thanks in advance for any replies

2. NEED HELP: WITH MAIL

3. Removing "My Network Places"

4. Sending picture files

5. Removing "My Network Places" from desktop

6. Windows 98 Customize

7. Right-click "my network places" + select "properties" = nothing happens

8. Windows Movie Maker version 2 problem...

9. problem renaming "my computer" and "my network places"

10. How to remove "My Computer" and "Network Neighborhood"?

11. No "Change/Remove" button on "Add/Remove Software"

12. "Change/Remove" button does not display in "Add/Remove" Programs

13. Menu "Tools" / "Windows Update" goes to wrong place!