passwords in Task Scheduler

Post by gold » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:28:37

I am using Task Scheduler to run various things ones in a while.
And, as you know, Task Scheduler askes and keeps passwords with every
task.

Ones in a while Windows reminds me that I have to change my account
password, so I do. After this no task from task scheduler runs because
in task scheduler the passwords are still old. I feel like I am fed up
to change 20 passwords everytime I change my main password.

Is there any way (script or program) which will do this automatically?

Thanks,
Edward

1. Task Scheduler requires a password

Hi,

I'm running WinXP Home edition with a single user setup to log in without
entering a password. When I created a scheduled task, I get a error message
that a password is required to run the task A knowledge base search brought
up articles that indicate that this is by design, that the local user that
the task is run under is required to have a password.

I'm looking for a work around: I want to be able to let the computer boot
right into the desktop without selecting a user or entering a password. Is
there a system account that I can set to run the task under?

Mark

2. 16 bit program

3. Task Scheduler and Password

4. IE crashes every other minute...

5. Task scheduler password

6. Cluster Size?

7. task scheduler fails due to password

8. Linking from WebPage to mIRC

9. Task Scheduler Password

10. Task Scheduler Password Trouble

11. Running Task Scheduler Without A Password

12. Task Scheduler,Password, in XP PRO

13. Password window in task scheduler