Can EudoraPro use Mbox folders in different folders in C: Drive?

Can EudoraPro use Mbox folders in different folders in C: Drive?

Post by No News is good Ne » Sun, 11 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi I want to setup different folders in another directory in the C:\
drive on Win95 and then point the Eudora to use those folders.

That is, when I create folders (mailbox) using Eudora, I would like
Eudora to use folders in Win95 that I've created elsewhere in the C:\
drive. In that folder I would like Eudora to make the .mbx subfolders.

The reason is that some folders are targeted for backup.

Please email me any tips on how to go about doing just this thanks a
lot!

Post by Daniel Jacobs » Sun, 11 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>Hi I want to setup different folders in another directory in the C:\
>drive on Win95 and then point the Eudora to use those folders.

>That is, when I create folders (mailbox) using Eudora, I would like
>Eudora to use folders in Win95 that I've created elsewhere in the C:\
>drive. In that folder I would like Eudora to make the .mbx subfolders.

>The reason is that some folders are targeted for backup.

>Please email me any tips on how to go about doing just this thanks a
>lot!

  A major purpose of a newsgroup is so that other people who may have
  the same or similar problem can possibly benefit from the responses
  posted here.  Also, you managed to come to this newsgroup to ask a
  question, therefore simple netiquette suggests that you can come back
  here for the responses that someone takes the time to give.

  Try:
  How To Set Up Eudora So That The Data Files Are In A Separate Directory
  http://wso.williams.edu/~eudora/eudora-data-files-seperate.html
  --
  Over and Out
  Daniel Jacobson

1. E-mail & different log-ins

I am brand new to this XP thing and I am going crazy
trying to figure out how to solve this problem.  I want
to believe there is a solution but so far I am unsure.

I have set my husband and I up with our own log-ins.
When I am logged on and in my e-mail I have folders set
up and an address book etc.  When I log off and my
husband logs in is there any way for him to see the same
things I do when I am logged in in the e-mail?  We are
using OE6 on one computer, we do not have a network.

What I am saying to try to dumb it down is for example he
logs on in the morning while I am at work.  He checks the
e-mail and there are new messages.  He reads them and
puts them in their folders.  Now when I come home I sign
on under my ID and check e-mail.  Now I want to be able
to open those folders and see the e-mail that he received
earlier in the day and vice versa.

Am I making sense?  Is this possible?  How?

2. XP 2002

3. Saving attachments to last used folder, or filing emails to last used mail folder?

4. Internet Explorer and Gif Files

5. Using DirectX Audio Plug-Ins

6. registry problems

7. Multiple DUN connections when using INS files

8. Checkdisk

9. configuration using .ins file only working on win98 & Me

10. easily change proxy settings using an INS file???

11. Changing IE Internet Options using ins settings

12. Making a .ins file using IEAK ?

13. can only .ins file be used?