XP Dial-Up Incoming Connections - Shared Internet on DSL

XP Dial-Up Incoming Connections - Shared Internet on DSL

Post by Richard M » Wed, 12 Mar 2003 06:11:03

Hello

I hope someone can help me with this.

I am trying to use "Incoming Connectios" in Windows XP to allow one PC
to dial into another via a regular phone line and have access to the
Internet via the computer dialed into.

Computer A:     Windows XP Home Edition running "Incoming Connections"
& Connected to the Internet via DSL
Computer B:     Windows XP Pro Edition dialling into Computer A, not
connected to the Internet.

I am able to get Computer B to success dial and get a PPP connection
to Computer A, but once this dial connection is made, access to the
Internet via the ethernet card (DSL) is no longer available.

How do I get Computer B to connect to Computer A and then share its
(Computer A's)  Internet Connection.

Also, is there a way I can get Computer B to  call Computer A and
assuming the roles were reversed, with Computer B now having the
Internet connection, can I get Computer A to share it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

XP Dial-Up Incoming Connections - Shared Internet on DSL

Post by Fallen Ange » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 22:18:01

Don't use xp home to share your net connection. Use w2k or winxppro.
The ICS (internet connection sharing) computer functions as a DHCP
server when connected, so make sure you don't use static IP on both
the machines. (The ICS machine will gett a IP number of 192.168.0.1)

Fallen Angel
aka Sjoerd
"Just for Fun"

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:11:03 -0500, Richard M.

>Hello

>I hope someone can help me with this.

>I am trying to use "Incoming Connectios" in Windows XP to allow one PC
>to dial into another via a regular phone line and have access to the
>Internet via the computer dialed into.

>Computer A: Windows XP Home Edition running "Incoming Connections"
>& Connected to the Internet via DSL
>Computer B: Windows XP Pro Edition dialling into Computer A, not
>connected to the Internet.

>I am able to get Computer B to success dial and get a PPP connection
>to Computer A, but once this dial connection is made, access to the
>Internet via the ethernet card (DSL) is no longer available.

>How do I get Computer B to connect to Computer A and then share its
>(Computer A's)  Internet Connection.

>Also, is there a way I can get Computer B to  call Computer A and
>assuming the roles were reversed, with Computer B now having the
>Internet connection, can I get Computer A to share it.

>Any help would be appreciated.

>Richard

1. Dial-up Internet Connection Sharing Conflicting with File and Print Sharing

I have spent the last week trying to get my network running...

I have narrowed the problems down, and now know what they are.  Whenever I
enable the Internet connection sharing, or the firewall, the File and print
sharing is unaccessable.

I have exausted all of my other technical support resources - it is funny
how nobody supports Windows Xp.

Please help me!
Anything will do!
Mike

2. Shutting Down Windows 95

3. internet connection sharing on incoming connection ??

4. Cpu control

5. Internet connection sharing and PPPoE DSL connection

6. Other Toasters

7. Dial up Internet Connection "Password" Problems and Slower Dial-up Connection Speeds

8. record radio to hard disc?

9. Simultaneous DSL/dial-up connections with XP Professional

10. Internet Connection Sharing on dial-up

11. XP - Dial-up Connection...keeps dialing and dialing and dialing and dialing

12. Internet Connection Firewall (Internet Connection Sharing version) blocks Remote Desktop Web connection

13. share internet w/incoming connection