Netscape 2.0 Bookmarks, Help!!!!!

Post by Greg Baxt » Sat, 27 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I have recently installed Netscape 2.0 on my 486dx2 66, Windows 3.1, Dos 5.0.
My bookmark file carried over from my 1.2 version fine, but when I add a new
bookmark and try to save the bookmark I receive a message window that states
that there is an error saving the bookmark file. I have tried to retitle the
file and start with a new one, but I get the same error. Have looked in the
win.ini file to make sure that the location of the netscape.ini file is right,
and have looked in the netscape.ini file to make sure that the location of the
bookmark file is right, they are. Please, if anyone has seen this problem and
has found a fix or work around let me know, it is driving me crazy.

Thank you,
Greg.

Netscape 2.0 Bookmarks, Help!!!!!

Post by paul beddo » Sun, 28 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>I have recently installed Netscape 2.0 on my 486dx2 66, Windows 3.1, Dos 5.0.
>My bookmark file carried over from my 1.2 version fine, but when I add a new
>bookmark and try to save the bookmark I receive a message window that states
>that there is an error saving the bookmark file. I have tried to retitle the
>file and start with a new one, but I get the same error. Have looked in the
>win.ini file to make sure that the location of the netscape.ini file is right,
>and have looked in the netscape.ini file to make sure that the location of the
>bookmark file is right, they are. Please, if anyone has seen this problem and
>has found a fix or work around let me know, it is driving me crazy.
>Thank you,
>Greg.

Go to general preferences, select apps and change your temp directory
(which is likely set to C:\temp) to  C:\windows\temp. It should work.

Netscape 2.0 Bookmarks, Help!!!!!

Post by Giovanni Lentini R » Tue, 30 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>I have recently installed Netscape 2.0 on my 486dx2 66, Windows 3.1, Dos 5.0.
>My bookmark file carried over from my 1.2 version fine, but when I add a new
>bookmark and try to save the bookmark I receive a message window that states
>that there is an error saving the bookmark file. I have tried to retitle the
>file and start with a new one, but I get the same error. Have looked in the
>win.ini file to make sure that the location of the netscape.ini file is right,
>and have looked in the netscape.ini file to make sure that the location of the
>bookmark file is right, they are. Please, if anyone has seen this problem and
>has found a fix or work around let me know, it is driving me crazy.

Is the netscape.ini file pinting to the DIRECTORY the bookmark file is in?
If so it should point to the FILE ITSELF........

SHOULD NOT BE C:\NETSCAPE\ or whatever.

SHOULD BE C:\NETSCAPE\BOOKMARK.HTM or whatever.

                                     =____________________________-
      ********************          / ////   (____) R K B A _____ |
      Giovanni Lentini RRT         (|_////__________________(_____|
        RKBA$iquest.net             (/     /(   )/o/)_/)_/)_/)_/)
                                    (/     /_\__))
             "1 *"                (/     /)
      ********************         (/     /)
                                  (/     /)
 E-MAIL FOR PGP 2.62 PUBLIC KEY   (/_ = _/)
                                  =========

Netscape 2.0 Bookmarks, Help!!!!!

Post by Gary Petifo » Wed, 01 May 1996 04:00:00

>>I have recently installed Netscape 2.0 on my 486dx2 66, Windows 3.1, Dos 5.0.
>>My bookmark file carried over from my 1.2 version fine, but when I add a new
>>bookmark and try to save the bookmark I receive a message window that states
>>that there is an error saving the bookmark file. I have tried to retitle the
>>file and start with a new one, but I get the same error. Have looked in the
>>win.ini file to make sure that the location of the netscape.ini file is right,
>>and have looked in the netscape.ini file to make sure that the location of the
>>bookmark file is right, they are. Please, if anyone has seen this problem and
>>has found a fix or work around let me know, it is driving me crazy.

>>Thank you,
>>Greg.
>Go to general preferences, select apps and change your temp directory
>(which is likely set to C:\temp) to  C:\windows\temp. It should work.

There was also as I recall a change in the location of the bookmark
file from 1.22 to 2.0.  Placement in 2.0 should be in the navigator
directory, not Netscape.

gp
In the beginning the Universe was created.  This has
made a lot of people very angry and been widely
regarded as a bad move..........Douglas Adams

1. HELP! Netscape 2.0 Bookmark Problem

Using:  Netscape 2.0 (Worldnet version)
        Windows 95

Problem: "Bookmarks drop-down menu" shows five bookmarks - not folder
names as it did a couple of days ago.

Looking at the "Bookmarks - BOOKMARK.HTM" screen (Go to Bookmarks),
the folder icon whose bookmarks are listed in the "Bookmarks drop-down
menu" has a small symbol on top of it which looks like a piece of
paper
with horizontal lines.  This folder is about fifth folder down from
the
top.

I can find no information about the "list" at the bottom of the
"Bookmarks drop-down menu" nor the significance of the small symbol
over the folder icon.  It appears the symbol has something to do with
what appears in the pull-down menu.

Please lead me to the explanation and tell me how to get the symbol
back to the "Joe Blow's Bookmarks" folder at the top of the list -
which
is where I think it used to be.

Thanks!

James West

JHW

2. Windows events to make sound....

3. Netscape 2.0: Bookmark sorting

4. POCKET PC WMPlayer

5. Netscape 2.0 & Bookmarks Organizing

6. permanent text size

7. Bookmarks and GPFs, A Solution for Netscape 2.0

8. Best way (short fo reinstall) to switch to AMD from Intel?

9. Netscape 2.0 b2 - FIND is INOPERATIVE in BOOKMARKS.

10. Solution to Netscape 2.0 not saving bookmark file

11. Bookmarks Netscape 2.0 32bi

12. MSIE 2.0 Favorite Places to Netscape Bookmarks?

13. Netscape 2.0 and bookmarks