Install WIN98 / Error-Message: Missing VDD.VXD or VMCPD.VXD

Install WIN98 / Error-Message: Missing VDD.VXD or VMCPD.VXD

Post by Rubach, Volker [IAW Extern » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

After scanning the Hardware and the Reboot to install the Drivers, my
system stopps with
the message "Can't start the driver VDD(.VXD) or VMCPD(.VXD)".
I must Reboot the system and start in the 'Save-Modus'. After this I can
go on, to install
WIN98.

My Hardware:
- Motherboard EPOX Socket-7 ATX / MVP3-Chip / AWARD-BIOS
- ELSA Erazor-III LT
- ADAPTEC AHA-2940 UW
- TERATEC DMXfire

I have a lot of problems with the SCSI-Controller. After I have make a
BIOS-Update for the
Motherboard and the SCSI-Controller, the problems go a way. The problem
with the Display-
Card, are not ended.
I think it is a problem with some settings in the Motheboard-BIOS or
between WIN98 and the
Motherboard/AWARD-BIOS.

Install WIN98 / Error-Message: Missing VDD.VXD or VMCPD.VXD

Post by Larry Hartwel » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Well... you mention that you finally got the install to finish.  It is not
unusual to see these BAD errors during install. what matters is does it
work now?

Quote: