Dialogs with a "more"/"less" button?

Post by Cecil A. Galbrait » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> How does one implement a dialog with a "more"/"less" button. The button
> allow the user to display more or less options, by increasing/decreasing
> the size of the dialog.

> --
> Felipe Martins
> Department of Mathematics
> Cleveland State University

Download the code for CDirDlg from the URL below. That class
demonstrates the technique that you are asking about.

Cecil

--
Cecil Galbraith

Free programmer's utilities and MFC tips at
http://www.concentric.net/~cgalbrai

Post by Felipe Martin » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

How does one implement a dialog with a "more"/"less" button. The button
allow the user to display more or less options, by increasing/decreasing
the size of the dialog.

--
Felipe Martins
Department of Mathematics
Cleveland State University

Dialogs with a "more"/"less" button?

Post by Chris Marriot » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>How does one implement a dialog with a "more"/"less" button. The button
>allow the user to display more or less options, by increasing/decreasing
>the size of the dialog.

Simply show or hide controls and/or change the size of the dialog when
the button is pressed.

Chris

Chris Marriott, Microsoft Certified Solution Developer.

Visit our web site at http://www.skymap.com

Dialogs with a "more"/"less" button?

Post by Shay Cicelsk » Wed, 20 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Just use SetWindowPos to make the dialog smaller/larger.

Shay

------------------------

  Subject: Dialogs with a "more"/"less" button?
  Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 08:59:23 -0400

How does one implement a dialog with a "more"/"less" button. The button
allow the user to display more or less options, by increasing/decreasing
the size of the dialog.

--
Felipe Martins
Department of Mathematics
Cleveland State University

              _____    __  __  __
             /_   /|  / /|/ /|/ /|
            |_/_ / / / / / / / / /
              |_|/  / /_/ /_/ / /
                   /_________/ /
                  |__________|/

Name: Shay Cicelsky

Date: 08/19/97
Time: 14:01:35

This message was sent by NetManage ZMail-Pro 6.1

  ***  Complete PC Connectivity Solutions  ***

1. "Server Busy" - "Switch to"/"Retry" Problem

Once windows has started up I frequently get an application button appear on
the taskbar
entitled "Server Busy" and a dialog box open in the middle of the screen
that says "Switch to or Retry" if I hit "retry the dialog box just stays
open, if I hit "Switch to" the start menu opens and the dialog box will not
close unless I choose an application.

My PC has a USB cable Infra Red device, and is running a "Connection
Manager" program (It sits in the system tray).  If I ctrl-alt-del, and kill
the program (the only way possible!) the problem stops.

Would appreciate any advice!

TIA

2. one last time, german

3. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

4. MP3 CODEC CONFUSION, PLEASE HELP

5. Dialog "OK" and "Cancel" sys-menu buttons

6. buffering problem with windows media service and windows media encoder9

7. Fax Console "restart"/"resume"

8. What would cause explorer to quit responding

9. "Connect to"/"Save password" grayed out

10. Is there a "Peek"/"Poke" utility for Windows NT 3.51

11. WANTED """ NT 3.51 Training Videos """" WANTED

12. What is the "best"/"worst" NIC?

13. will "playback forced into waveout" result in "less cpu usage"?