FTP Server For Windows????

Post by Dave Ashle » Mon, 09 Oct 2000 13:17:25

Does Apache include an FTP server?  If I need to have an FTP server on
my machine, what is the best way to do this?

BTW, should naturally run concurrently with HTTP server ...

Thanks in advance.

--
------------------------------------

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

FTP Server For Windows????

Post by Sam Hil » Mon, 09 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Serv-U FTP is a good server.  I've used it on my Win95 box for years, just
put up an NT server, and have been pleased with the results!

FTP Server For Windows????

Post by Dave Ashle » Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:50:25

Quote:> Serv-U FTP is a good server.  I've used it on my Win95 box for years,
just
> put up an NT server, and have been pleased with the results!

Sam, I really appreciate your input--I believe this is the server I
will use.

I'm sure you're aware of this URL, but www.serverwatch.com was helpful,
too.  They had nothing but good to say about Serv-U FTP.

Dave.
--
------------------------------------

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

FTP Server For Windows????

Post by David D. Wertma » Tue, 10 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Does Apache include an FTP server?  If I need to have an FTP server on
>my machine, what is the best way to do this?

>BTW, should naturally run concurrently with HTTP server ...

>Thanks in advance.

I have been using Wftpd for the last 6 years, upgrades come at
reasonable intervals. I ran it on NT Server 3.51, windows 95, 98, NT
4.0 when i do my next upgrade, i expect to move it to my Windows 2000
server box too.

And I dont think there is another windows FTP server that has served
up as many files total - across the net - as Wftpd has. I could be
wrong, but they have over 10,000 users. And for an FTP server, that is
pretty amazing.

It is ROCK SOLID. I have never had a failure due to Wftpd, it is
better than the Energizer bunny, it doesnt just keep running - it
keeps serving files.

You can look at what they offer at www.wftpd.com

Every time I try another FTP server, just in case.... I find the
otehrs just fall short. Some break too often, some have too much GUI
junk that gets in the way, and some offer useless stuff that you have
to wade past to get the work done. I like setting it up, and then only
revisiting it to add or delete a user.

If it isnt obvious yet, I will tell you. I am more than just satisifed
with it. I really like it!

David
Web Champs

FTP Server For Windows????

Post by Dave Ashle » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:56:18

> >Does Apache include an FTP server?  If I need to have an FTP server
on
> >my machine, what is the best way to do this?

> >BTW, should naturally run concurrently with HTTP server ...

> >Thanks in advance.

> I have been using Wftpd for the last 6 years, upgrades come at
> reasonable intervals. I ran it on NT Server 3.51, windows 95, 98, NT
> 4.0 when i do my next upgrade, i expect to move it to my Windows 2000
> server box too.

> And I dont think there is another windows FTP server that has served
> up as many files total - across the net - as Wftpd has. I could be
> wrong, but they have over 10,000 users. And for an FTP server, that is
> pretty amazing.

> It is ROCK SOLID. I have never had a failure due to Wftpd, it is
> better than the Energizer bunny, it doesnt just keep running - it
> keeps serving files.

> You can look at what they offer at www.wftpd.com

> Every time I try another FTP server, just in case.... I find the
> otehrs just fall short. Some break too often, some have too much GUI
> junk that gets in the way, and some offer useless stuff that you have
> to wade past to get the work done. I like setting it up, and then only
> revisiting it to add or delete a user.

> If it isnt obvious yet, I will tell you. I am more than just satisifed
> with it. I really like it!

> David
> Web Champs

Dave,

I found this information VERY helpful, especially the vehemence of your
recommendation.

I will buy this immediately.  I've checked out the documentation ...
looks like a real deal for $20.

Especially the stability ...

Many thanks, Dave.

--

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

FTP Server For Windows????

Post by Ray Smit » Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:19:22

War FTP Deamon should also be mentioned,

some beleive tji sto be the best win ftp srever available and is freeware

http://www.jgaa.com/warftpd.htm

Ray Smith