Outbound PPTP via Ms Proxy Server from a Proxy client? .

Outbound PPTP via Ms Proxy Server from a Proxy client? .

Post by John T. Keimi » Tue, 15 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I use a four-computer intranet at home:  an NT4 server PDC, an NT4 client
and two Win95 clients.  The server hosts Ms Proxy Server and owns the modem
and ISP connection.  All clients use the Proxy server for all internet
access.  Since my intranet hosts no services that are shared on the
internet, all inbound services (www, ftp, etc.) are disabled.  Packet
forwarding is disabled to.  I'd like to keep it that way.

I want to use PPTP to connect to my employer's intranet from my NT
workstation.  I have installed PPTP and configured a VPN port.  I have
created a RAS entry with the at-work PPTP server's IP address.  But I'm
stuck on the question of how to get this RAS connection to hook up through
the proxy server.

It appears I need to add a protocol in the WWW proxy service.  Does anyone
know the details of this protocol or where I can find them?

Thanks.
John T. Keimig