Browser Delay

Post by Matt » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 02:46:22

Hello, I am using win98se and just upgraded to IE6sp1, hoping that
would correct the freezing problem. I tried SpyBot and other programs
but to no avail. Whenever I would go to a website like Google for
example, after typing in the search item, and then hitting enter or
hitting their search tab, everything would freeze and after 10 seconds
or so, it would then go to the desired page. Yahoo is one of the few
sites I don't encounter a problem signing in to. Does anyone share
this problem? Are there any simple fixes? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks..

Browser Delay

Post by Klaus Johannes Rusc » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 01:56:58

> Hello, I am using win98se and just upgraded to IE6sp1, hoping that
> would correct the freezing problem. I tried SpyBot and other programs
> but to no avail. Whenever I would go to a website like Google for
> example, after typing in the search item, and then hitting enter or
> hitting their search tab, everything would freeze and after 10 seconds
> or so, it would then go to the desired page. Yahoo is one of the few
> sites I don't encounter a problem signing in to. Does anyone share
> this problem? Are there any simple fixes? Any help is appreciated.

Try IBM PageDetailer at http://www.ibm.com/alphaworks/tech/pagedetailer to
see with which task the browser spends its time (such as, resolving the
name, connecting to the server, getting the data etc.)

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch

http://www.atmedia.net/KlausRusch/

1. IE 5.5 Browser delays after receiving large table(was A non-linear relationship between HTML rendering performance and download speed?

This is related to the issue raised by Jon below.

The browser seems to delay returning control in a linear
fashion based on the number of rows in the table.  However,
if we step through the servlet server source code as the
HTTP response is built, we notice that the response is complete
and has already been sent back to the browser, but as soon
as an HTTP close connection is invoked in the servlet server,
the browser hangs for a long period of time.

There are several possiblities.

Is there any possible connection between the connection being
closed on the browser side and the web server
repeat triggering some kind of a frenzied processing in IE?

Does IE need to do some kind of indexing of a large document after
receiving it the first time? Would this be part of it's
"improved performance" optimizations?

Strangely, this doesn't happen if you read the table directly
from a web server normally or
from cache.

Jireh

--
Jireh Mak

Substitute NoSpam.net with attglobal

2. Future Shop says XP is my problem!!

3. 8 second delay when typing + browser closes with error message

4. signing in

5. the delay time is very high, how can I resolve the delay time problem?

6. Pocket Internet Explorer and CreateProcess API

7. delayed printing and delayed typing in DOS applications

8. Windows XP installation problem

9. Explorer Browser and Other Window Browser Will not Stay Open

10. IE Browser Launched within IE Browser Hangs.

11. Browser link preview at bottom of browser?

12. browser configuration for browser

13. New browser window opening behind already opened browser window