multiple access points?

Post by David A. Mathe » Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:36:41

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to create a small network between two apartments, I currently
have a computer with an internet connection that is also connected to a
Netgear WG614 wireless router. The computer itself acts as the DNS server,
etc, so the netgear router is just sorta a wirless/wired hub for my network.
Anyway, I want to extend this network to cover another nearby apt but the
signal is weak in that apt. I was thinking of getting a second netgear 614
router to put in that apt as well and was assuming that the two routers
would combine their coverage area, however I'm not 100% sure this will work.
Is it possible to use two access points/routers to extend my network like
this or will I be forced to buy something to function as a repeater? I
cannot run ethernet between the two apts so the two routers would have to
have some kind of wireless link between them to bridge the two networks.
Anyway, any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, respond back

David A. Mathew

1. multiple access points?

[...]

2. Download problem

3. Siemens powerline and 802.11b networking with multiple access points

4. Help with AMD

5. multiple wireless access point environment

6. Static Electricity Shuts Down Computer?

7. MS Remote Access Point to Point

8. multilink PPP

9. help setting up multiple users start menu access and non access

10. Script insertion to multiple encoders from one point

11. Check Point Firewall / LDAP Authentication Multiple Chalanges

12. Multiple Pointing Devices

13. How 2 point multiple domains to one DNS