Looking for AOL DNS

Post by Ramir » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to obtain the DNS for AOL.  I am trying to use IE 4.0
without having to use AOL's IE.  Can someone direct me to the right NG or how
to get this info?

Looking for AOL DNS

Post by Fdecar » Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>Subject: Looking for AOL DNS

>Does anyone know how to obtain the DNS for AOL.  I am trying to use IE 4.0
>without having to use AOL's IE.  Can someone direct me to the right NG or how
>to get this info?

You don't need DNS info to use external browsers with AOL, just
connect as usual and then fire up the browser.  I'm running NS
4.5PR1 and IE 5.0 beta with AOL, no problems.

If you want to use a different internal browser with AOL, download
PowerTools 8.0 and you can use whatever browser you want:

http://www.bpssoft.com/

Frank