ns <-> ms internet shortcuts?

Post by bsween » Wed, 24 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I have netscape v2.02 on an nt workstation. occasionally i receive email
with attached microsoft internet shortcuts. the attachments are suffixed
.URL and are a small block of text that look like this

[InternetShortcut]
URL=http://www.whatever.com

I associated URL with the netscape executable in the nt file manager and
doublclicked on the shortcut, and pretty much as i expected, it loaded the
text contents of the shortcut into the browser.

Short of cutting and pasting, is there any technique to get netscape to
resolve an ms internet shortcut as the actual url? thanks in advance -
Brian

ns <-> ms internet shortcuts?

Post by Nigel Merci » Thu, 25 Jul 1996 04:00:00

In comp.infosystems.www.browsers.ms-windows, bsweeny

>...Short of cutting and pasting, is there any technique to get netscape to
>resolve an ms internet shortcut as the actual url? thanks in advance -
>Brian

NavEx will convert bookmarks to Favorites and vice-versa, find it at
http://mach5.noc.drexel.edu/navex

--   FaveSave - Save Internet Explorer "Favorites" quickly   --
--    and easily from within any application in Windows 95   --
--     http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/nmercier/index.htm    --

1. <><><> SCALA MM200 <><><>

Could anybody that uses Scala MM200, please get in touch to swap info and
scripts, or could anybody point me in the right
direction of where I can look for some demo scripts etc...

Scala MM200 is just excellent, i'am using MM200 to create cd-front menus
for conferences, which I then burn onto cd-rom with
my Yamaha CDR400c firmware 1.d

All the best - hope to hear from you soon...

- Steve -

2. What happened to ftp?

3. INTERNET<->NT 4.0<->Win95 is not equal to INTERNET<->Win95

4. attachments

5. >>> Very weird problem in Win95b!!<<<<<<<

6. Virutual Machine - please give info

7. <<< MS OFFICE PRO 97 >>>

8. 56k davicom modem driver

9. >>> MS OFFICE PRO 97 <<<