Win98 SE and McAfee Virus Scan trouble

Post by Timothy McKnigh » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

I have Win 98 SE running on a pc and when I install Virus Scan on that
system, the system hangs on boot up and all I get is theWindows 98 Start
up screen when it hangs.  Is there any fix out there?
Thanks

1. mcafee virus scan won't scan floppies in xp

Since I installed XP, McAfee VirusScan won't scan
floppies except in Safe Mode.  I have tried reinstalling,
done a clean boot, opened it different ways, tried
different floppies, always with the same result:  The
drive spins, stops, spins, stops for as long as I care to
watch it, and nothing shows up in the progress bar.  When
I get bored and hit the stop button, I get prompted to
send an error msg to Microsoft and VS closes.  Network
Associates and Microsoft techs are so far baffled.  Any
ideas?

2. Terminal Services

3. Win98 SE to WinME to Win98 SE

4. Problem with Microsoft Windows update Q817287

5. Problems with Media Player and McAfee Virus Scan

6. Soundblaster question

7. OE6 and McAfee Virus Scan

8. win xp cd contents

9. IE6 and McAfee Virus Scan

10. mcafee virus scan

11. McAfee Virus Scan & Windows XP

12. McAfee Virus Scan and Remote Desktop

13. Running Mcafee Virus Def. scan in NTSF mode