Strange shutdown problem

Post by Mark Grave » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
One of our NT4 Workstations is having problems shutting down. When the
user selects "Shut Down" from the start button and checks that "Shut
down the computer?" is selected in the menu, the machine just logs off
and presents the "press ctrl-alt-del" box to log on again. It doesn't do
it every time - sometimes it shuts down ok. I've checked that it
definitely has "Shut down the computer?" selected in the menu. Anyone
else had this problem ? Help appreciated.
--
Mark Graves

1. Strange shutdown problem

Hi,
One of our NT4 Workstations is having problems shutting down. When the
user selects "Shut Down" from the start button and checks that "Shut
down the computer?" is selected in the menu, the machine just logs off
and presents the "press ctrl-alt-del" box to log on again. It doesn't do
it every time - sometimes it shuts down ok. I've checked that it
definitely has "Shut down the computer?" selected in the menu. Anyone
else had this problem ? Help appreciated.
--
Mark Graves

2. Re- Download on Win. Update

3. Help - strange shutdown problem

4. Turning off computer

5. Problem on shutdown Problem on shutdown

6. IE6 SP1 Fix If Using Norton Internet Security

7. Strange and not-so-strange problems

8. Error Message

9. Strange Strange Problem in Windows Media Player XP

10. Shutdown problem:pc won't power off when shutdown automatically

11. Strange shutdown on Startup

12. XP shutdown problem - system reboots instead of shutdown

13. STRANGE SHUTDOWN