How to load Mouse driver in DOS high and out of conventional memory?

How to load Mouse driver in DOS high and out of conventional memory?

Post by rf.. » Sat, 26 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Whenever I enter DOS for playing games, when I check the memory, my
mouse is loaded into conventional memory and my upper memory is zero.

Is there a way to load mouse into higher memory to open up more
conventional memory? I am looking for a command line in Config.dos or
autoexec.dos(in windows 95), or maybe config.sys and autoexec.bat to
load my mouse driver automatically into higher memory.

Or better still, is it possible to load mouse driver through a command
in Dosstart.bat? The only line now in my dosstart.bat is:

LH: MSCDEX.EXE /d:OEMCD001 /L:E

Chao,

Catherine

Post by Neal Hodge » Sun, 27 Apr 1997 04:00:00

  Hi,

  Whenever I enter DOS for playing games, when I check the memory, my
  mouse is loaded into conventional memory and my upper memory is
  zero.

  Is there a way to load mouse into higher memory to open up more
  conventional memory? I am looking for a command line in Config.dos
  or
  autoexec.dos(in windows 95), or maybe config.sys and autoexec.bat to

  load my mouse driver automatically into higher memory.

  Or better still, is it possible to load mouse driver through a
  command
  in Dosstart.bat? The only line now in my dosstart.bat is:

  LH: MSCDEX.EXE /d:OEMCD001 /L:E

  Chao,

  Catherine

 Insert LH in front of the mouse driver command line in Autoexec.bat.
But what about all of the devices in Config.sys and the other drivers in
Autoexec.bat.  What is the current available memory at the DOS?prompt?
What is the requirement for the game that you want to play?

--
     Neal Hodges

     Sebring, Florida  33872
     (941) 385-4572  http://ddi.digital.net/~jackmstr