FrontPage Server Extension + Windows 2003 + Sun One Web Server 6.0

FrontPage Server Extension + Windows 2003 + Sun One Web Server 6.0

Post by Danie » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:27:41

I'cant install the server extensin. I have a Windows
Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, running a Sun One Web
Server 6.0 SP4.

When try to instrall the FrontPage Server Extensions 2002
the Microsoft SharePoint Administrator, not detect any
Virtual Servers.

Any idea ?

Thank

Daniel.-

FrontPage Server Extension + Windows 2003 + Sun One Web Server 6.0

Post by Mike Wals » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:44:31

1. What's a "Sun One Web Server" ?

2. When you install WSS on Windows 2003 Server you should NOT install FP
Server Extensions before (or after) installing WSS.

Why don't you make things simple and try to install WSS first time on a
server not running any other Web Server ?

(The order then would be roughly: Install Win 2003 Server; Use Manage My
Computer to Create an Application Server (hope that's the right name)
specifying ASP.NET *but not* FP S Extensions; Install WSS).

More details in the admin guide at www.microsoft.com/Sharepoint/assistance
and more briefly in the WSS newsgroup FAQ at wss.collutions.com.

Mike Walsh
Helsinki