need NT 3.51 CD-ROM driver for gateway 2k 3 CD-ROM drive

need NT 3.51 CD-ROM driver for gateway 2k 3 CD-ROM drive

Post by Mike Jaco » Wed, 31 Jul 1996 04:00:00

i'm installing NT 3.51 on a system for 32 bit VB development.  it's a gateway
2k machine and has a IDE CD-ROM drive that hold 3 CD's at once.

it was able to see the 1st CD only during installation, but after couldn't see
it at all.  Gateway doesn't have any NT drivers for it.

does anyone know if there are drivers available for this CD-ROM?  where can I
get them?

thanks for any help.

Mike Jacobs      |  Greater Poop:         Malaclypse the Younger:

Reston, VA       |    Even false things?    Even false things are true.
Exclamer: Hey!   |    How can that be?      I don't know man, I didn't do it.

1. CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives do not recognize CD-ROMs and DVD-Roms

Since approx. 1 week I have an extremely irritating
problem with my 2 CD-ROM drives and my DVD-ROM drive
(under Windows XP Professional), although I did not
(myself) change anything on my PC HW or SW installation.

My drives suddenly recognize (official as well as own-
written) data CD-ROMs and (official) DVD-ROMs only once
and only after they have first read an official audio-CD.

When I unload and load the drives with the same data CD-
ROM or DVD-ROM (that were perfectly accessible before the
unload), they either do not detect the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM
at all, or they recognize them as empty.

When I load an official audio-CD (which is always
correctly recognized and accessible without any problem),
unload it again and replace it with the earlier data CD-
ROM or DVD-ROM, the data CD-ROM is again recognized and
accessible (until the next unload). A DVD-ROM on the
other hand causes my PC to reboot, after which it is also
recognized and accessible (until the next unload).

Can this be due to a recent Windows XP Security update (I
have Windows Update set on automatic) or one or other
security setting in Windows XP that I may accidentally
have set?
Can I undo this?

Michel

2. CreateSolidBrush

3. Any NT 3.51 (or NT 4b) driver for IBM Thinkpad ext. CD-ROM?

4. NETSCAPE DOES NOT LOAD SOME SITES!

5. How to get CD-ROM driver installed w/o CD-ROM access?

6. unread messages under username

7. CD-ROM drive will not read CD-ROM's anymore

8. Please help me define the following terms!!

9. CD-Rom causes CD-ROM drive to "hang"

10. CD-ROM drive will not read CD-ROM's anymore

11. Ms NT 3.51 & Sony CDU77E CD-Rom Drive

12. Need: PCMCIA CD-ROM that works under NT 3.51

13. Philips Atapi CD-ROM drive not multisession under NT 3.51 ?