really trippy bizzare curiousity with NT server on appletalk network

Post by Fingers Himse » Thu, 30 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>We just set up an NT server 3.51, i486DX2, 16MB, future domain SCSI
>adapter, generic NE2000 compatible ethernet card 10BaseT. At first
>everything was fine but then.....

>the ICON representing the server on macintoshes is just a plain document.
>somehow I lost the ICON. yeah I know bizzare. so I pose a question how do
>you set the ICON that represents the NT Server on Macintoshes? I would
>also like to know how to change the normal Icon anyway.

>thanks in advance..

What? in the chooser or in the desktop.

Disconnect with the NT server, and try to setup the link again from the
chooser.

That's a windows thing. If it doesn't work the first time try it three
more times, Microsoft has advanced programming skills that give it's
software attitude.

--

Post by chic » Thu, 30 Nov 1995 04:00:00

We just set up an NT server 3.51, i486DX2, 16MB, future domain SCSI
adapter, generic NE2000 compatible ethernet card 10BaseT. At first
everything was fine but then.....

the ICON representing the server on macintoshes is just a plain document.
somehow I lost the ICON. yeah I know bizzare. so I pose a question how do
you set the ICON that represents the NT Server on Macintoshes? I would
also like to know how to change the normal Icon anyway.

thanks in advance..

Chico

really trippy bizzare curiousity with NT server on appletalk network

Post by Christopher Amar » Fri, 01 Dec 1995 04:00:00

We had a similar problem with our 3.51 server.

One of our users ran a program on her Mac that changed the way
her desktop looked, and in the process, changed the server
icon for everyone else that accessed that virtual disk.

The solution was to delete the ICON file from the NT
server, and NT automagically recreates the proper icon. We then
protected that icon so that users couldn't modify it.

Hope this helps.

Chris Amaru
Executive Editor
BackOffice Magazine

1. How to Make NT 4.0 Server Known by AppleTalk Network

Hello everyone.  I installed SFM on an NT 4.0/SP3 server 128MB memory
running TCP/IP.  AppleTalk under "Devices" and SFM under "Services" are
running and the right adapter has been recognized during SFM
installation.  The problem I am having is the NT server is not listed
under Chooser/AppleShare on the Mac where as I see other Mac machines
listed in the zone, and I cannot get a zone list on the NT server.  When
I look in the event viewer on NT,  I see the following messages logged:

Unable to acquire a node on adapter "SMCPWR1". (this is the adater name
SFM has recognized during installation)

and

Releasing a node acquired on the adapter "SMCPWR1" because the connected
network is not seeded by any router on the net

I am not familiar with the Mac world so I appreciate any insight anyone
can give me.  Thanks in advance.

Abi
University of California

2. Setting up a www site, etc.. HELP!!

3. Bizzare problems with NT DHCP Server

4. media player not reconizing cd burner

5. Really Bizzare [2]

6. An "IOS" initialize problem

7. really slow computer really getting really annoying...really

8. Disk one damaged

9. Using WinNT as a file/backup server for Mac Appletalk network

10. Please Help: NT Workstation as Client on NT Network (Server=Server)

11. appletalk and multiple NT servers

12. Slow Appletalk access towards NT-server

13. multiple appletalk zones on multipe NT servers