Problems Accessing Network Drives After Logon?

Problems Accessing Network Drives After Logon?

Post by Doris Wo » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Has anyone had the following happen to their client machines:

-User logs on per usual, but cannot access network drives/resources.
-Deleted & recreated his acct and the problem still exists.
-Created a brand new user and the problem still exists.
-Had another user on his domain log in, she has no problems with accessing
the same resources.
-Checked net access, but weren't hitting any abnormal number of open
connections.
-Problem User, after logging in for the nth time, is finally able to get the
mappings back and work as normal.

None of the admins here have seen this problem before? Is this a bug in NT
that randomly bars users from network resources?

Thanks.

Problems Accessing Network Drives After Logon?

Post by JC » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have the same problem with any new users.  As far as I can tell there
are no differences between the old users and the new users. (Everything
looks the same in User manager)  Is there a setting that I could have
changed inadvertantly that controls whether the user runs the Login
Script?
JC

Quote:> Has anyone had the following happen to their client machines:

> -User logs on per usual, but cannot access network drives/resources.
> -Deleted & recreated his acct and the problem still exists.
> -Created a brand new user and the problem still exists.
> -Had another user on his domain log in, she has no problems with
accessing
> the same resources.
> -Checked net access, but weren't hitting any abnormal number of open
> connections.
> -Problem User, after logging in for the nth time, is finally able to
get the
> mappings back and work as normal.

> None of the admins here have seen this problem before? Is this a bug
in NT
> that randomly bars users from network resources?

> Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Problems Accessing Network Drives After Logon?

Post by Doris Wo » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I suppose the only other way to test this is for the problem user to log
into another machine to see if they run the script themselves.  Doesn't do
much good if you try running their login script from the server, though
(because it's most likely going to work that way)...

> I have the same problem with any new users.  As far as I can tell there
> are no differences between the old users and the new users. (Everything
> looks the same in User manager)  Is there a setting that I could have
> changed inadvertantly that controls whether the user runs the Login
> Script?
> JC

> > Has anyone had the following happen to their client machines:

> > -User logs on per usual, but cannot access network drives/resources.
> > -Deleted & recreated his acct and the problem still exists.
> > -Created a brand new user and the problem still exists.
> > -Had another user on his domain log in, she has no problems with
> accessing
> > the same resources.
> > -Checked net access, but weren't hitting any abnormal number of open
> > connections.
> > -Problem User, after logging in for the nth time, is finally able to
> get the
> > mappings back and work as normal.

> > None of the admins here have seen this problem before? Is this a bug
> in NT
> > that randomly bars users from network resources?

> > Thanks.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Problems Accessing Network Drives After Logon?

Post by Tim Watri » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Yes I have a similar problem the user can log in fine from another machine.
But on one machine it periodically looses connection to the server shares.
The network card and hub are fine since the user can log on in the first
place. the link lights are also lit. It just seems to loose link every once
and a while when it feels like weird problem?? If anyone has seen something
like this I would appreciate some help with it.
TW

> I have the same problem with any new users.  As far as I can tell there
> are no differences between the old users and the new users. (Everything
> looks the same in User manager)  Is there a setting that I could have
> changed inadvertantly that controls whether the user runs the Login
> Script?
> JC

> > Has anyone had the following happen to their client machines:

> > -User logs on per usual, but cannot access network drives/resources.
> > -Deleted & recreated his acct and the problem still exists.
> > -Created a brand new user and the problem still exists.
> > -Had another user on his domain log in, she has no problems with
> accessing
> > the same resources.
> > -Checked net access, but weren't hitting any abnormal number of open
> > connections.
> > -Problem User, after logging in for the nth time, is finally able to
> get the
> > mappings back and work as normal.

> > None of the admins here have seen this problem before? Is this a bug
> in NT
> > that randomly bars users from network resources?

> > Thanks.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. Mapped Network Drive access problems (home folder)

I am running windows XP on a 2000 domain, we have implemented home folders
for users to save their work.  However recently users have been getting
access denied when trying to save on the mapped drive.  When they go through
the server to find their folder and not the mapped drive they can save files
and access the folder.  I have checked my GPO's on the server but cannot
find anything in them that would cause this.  Any suggestions??  I have
tried moving users into a OU with no active GPO and still receive the same
exact problem so I figure it must be on the local computer.  These computers
are only a few weeks old and no local GPOs have been setup.

Help??

2. Window's Movie Maker Lost

3. IPC$ logon DESPERATE No access from network to W2000 machine

4. windows tour

5. Access to remote drive without logon dialog

6. https help - slow in IE6

7. Win 95 machine cant access network..but can be seen and accessed by network

8. History Folder IE6

9. map as network drive - "Reconnect at Logon" doesn't

10. Auto logon to network drive

11. Can't Automatically Reconnect Network Drives At Logon

12. How Do I Get WinXP to Prompt for Network Drive Logon?

13. Automating Map Network Drive at User Logon