How to make WPA error indication?

Post by Pavel A » Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:53:49

Not sure if anyone wants to tackle this one, but here goes:

In my 802.11 driver I simulate two MIC failures within 30 seconds - to test "countermeasure" feature
of WPA.
After 2nd failure I make indication of NDIS_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_REQUEST  , with Flags =
NDIS_802_11_AUTH_REQUEST_PAIRWISE_ERROR.
The Funk Odissey client understands this indication, sends EAPOL pairwise error packet, the AP
receives it, etc - all as expected.
But WZC (update 815485) just ignores my indication.

Can anybody tell why?
Debug trace of WZC could be of great help here - but Microsoft still won't give out checked build of
wscsvc...

----------- code snippet ---------------
... Called at dispatch irql, from some DPC...

VOID ReportWpaErr( NDIS_HANDLE mphandle, UINT32 flags, PVOID bssid )
{
  struct {
  // Note: I made the following struct from verbal description in MS document.
  // It is not exactly defined in .h.
    NDIS_802_11_STATUS_TYPE indtype;
    NDIS_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_REQUEST ar;
  } myIndicationData;

  NdisZeroMemory( &myIndicationData, sizeof(myIndicationData) );
  myIndicationData.indtype = Ndis802_11StatusType_Authentication;
  myIndicationData.ar.Flags = flags;   // =  NDIS_802_11_AUTH_REQUEST_PAIRWISE_ERROR (0x06)
  myIndicationData.ar.Length = sizeof(NDIS_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_REQUEST);
  memcpy( &myIndicationData.ar.Bssid, pdata, sizeof(NDIS_802_11_MAC_ADDRESS) );
  NdisMIndicateStatus( mpHandle, NDIS_STATUS_MEDIA_SPECIFIC_INDICATION, &myIndicationData,
sizeof(myIndicationData) );
  NdisMIndicateStatusComplete( mpHandle );

Quote:}

--------- end -----------------

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-- Pavel

How to make WPA error indication?

Post by Peter Copelan » Sun, 19 Oct 2003 02:57:55

What, more evidence that WZC is flawed?  I can't believe it...

Is Microsoft going to fix their buggy supplicant or continue to stonewall on
the issue?

Quote:> Not sure if anyone wants to tackle this one, but here goes:

> In my 802.11 driver I simulate two MIC failures within 30 seconds - to

test "countermeasure" feature
Quote:> of WPA.
> After 2nd failure I make indication of NDIS_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_REQUEST
, with Flags =
> NDIS_802_11_AUTH_REQUEST_PAIRWISE_ERROR.
> The Funk Odissey client understands this indication, sends EAPOL pairwise

error packet, the AP
Quote:> receives it, etc - all as expected.
> But WZC (update 815485) just ignores my indication.

> Can anybody tell why?
> Debug trace of WZC could be of great help here - but Microsoft still won't

give out checked build of
Quote:> wscsvc...

> ----------- code snippet ---------------
> ... Called at dispatch irql, from some DPC...

> VOID ReportWpaErr( NDIS_HANDLE mphandle, UINT32 flags, PVOID bssid )
> {
>   struct {
>   // Note: I made the following struct from verbal description in MS
document.
>   // It is not exactly defined in .h.
>     NDIS_802_11_STATUS_TYPE indtype;
>     NDIS_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_REQUEST ar;
>   } myIndicationData;

>   NdisZeroMemory( &myIndicationData, sizeof(myIndicationData) );
>   myIndicationData.indtype = Ndis802_11StatusType_Authentication;
>   myIndicationData.ar.Flags = flags;   // =

NDIS_802_11_AUTH_REQUEST_PAIRWISE_ERROR (0x06)
Quote:>   myIndicationData.ar.Length = sizeof(NDIS_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_REQUEST);
>   memcpy( &myIndicationData.ar.Bssid, pdata,

sizeof(NDIS_802_11_MAC_ADDRESS) );

Quote:>   NdisMIndicateStatus( mpHandle, NDIS_STATUS_MEDIA_SPECIFIC_INDICATION,
&myIndicationData,
> sizeof(myIndicationData) );
>   NdisMIndicateStatusComplete( mpHandle );
> }
> --------- end -----------------

> Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

> -- Pavel

How to make WPA error indication?

Post by Pavel A » Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:19:04

Could it be that WZC is so flawed? I tend to think the bug is in my code.
Have anybody got the "countermeasure" working with WZC?

Regards,
--PA

> What, more evidence that WZC is flawed?  I can't believe it...

> Is Microsoft going to fix their buggy supplicant or continue to stonewall on
> the issue?

> > Not sure if anyone wants to tackle this one, but here goes:

> > In my 802.11 driver I simulate two MIC failures within 30 seconds - to
> test "countermeasure" feature
> > of WPA.
> > After 2nd failure I make indication of NDIS_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_REQUEST
> , with Flags =
> > NDIS_802_11_AUTH_REQUEST_PAIRWISE_ERROR.
> > The Funk Odissey client understands this indication, sends EAPOL pairwise
> error packet, the AP
> > receives it, etc - all as expected.
> > But WZC (update 815485) just ignores my indication.

> > Can anybody tell why?
> > Debug trace of WZC could be of great help here - but Microsoft still won't
> give out checked build of
> > wscsvc...

> > ----------- code snippet ---------------
> > ... Called at dispatch irql, from some DPC...

> > VOID ReportWpaErr( NDIS_HANDLE mphandle, UINT32 flags, PVOID bssid )
> > {
> >   struct {
> >   // Note: I made the following struct from verbal description in MS
> document.
> >   // It is not exactly defined in .h.
> >     NDIS_802_11_STATUS_TYPE indtype;
> >     NDIS_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_REQUEST ar;
> >   } myIndicationData;

> >   NdisZeroMemory( &myIndicationData, sizeof(myIndicationData) );
> >   myIndicationData.indtype = Ndis802_11StatusType_Authentication;
> >   myIndicationData.ar.Flags = flags;   // =
> NDIS_802_11_AUTH_REQUEST_PAIRWISE_ERROR (0x06)
> >   myIndicationData.ar.Length = sizeof(NDIS_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_REQUEST);
> >   memcpy( &myIndicationData.ar.Bssid, pdata,
> sizeof(NDIS_802_11_MAC_ADDRESS) );
> >   NdisMIndicateStatus( mpHandle, NDIS_STATUS_MEDIA_SPECIFIC_INDICATION,
> &myIndicationData,
> > sizeof(myIndicationData) );
> >   NdisMIndicateStatusComplete( mpHandle );
> > }
> > --------- end -----------------

> > Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

> > -- Pavel

1. WPA and WPA-PSK not showing in wireless properties

have set up my router to have WPA protection.
Have Xp in my notebook and in my desktop; in the notebook I can add the home
net and specify access via WPA... but in the desktop, the dropdown menu (in
the wireless networks | properties | wireless networks) only shows open or
WEP...

I have XP SP2 in both..

Any Help please?

TIA!

luis

2. corelnet - HOW to reach??

3. Clean reinstall - wpa.bak and wpa.dbl

4. MP 9 and Win 98SE

5. WPA - error and cannot login

6. Please help it driving me crazy!!

7. windows media player time indication

8. How to hide a device in the manager?

9. Bad address indication

10. Secure Indication?

11. Time indication of my outward mail is faulty

12. Automativ Power Fail Indication

13. XP Pro gives false indication of dual CPU and runs very slowly