Backing up

Post by Vaib » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I would be pleased if anyone can tell me, urgently,  which backup application
 are used for Windows NT 4, NetWare 4.1 and 3.1.

Thanks for any input

Backing up

Post by tes » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

arcserve

>I would be pleased if anyone can tell me, urgently,  which backup application
> are used for Windows NT 4, NetWare 4.1 and 3.1.
>Thanks for any input

1. Size of back-ups

Since outlook express 6, all of my data base files (*.dbx) always gets the
latest date when I open outlook express (even for folders which are not
changed). This is great for the back-up tape producers as common back-up
procedure think that all folders are new and stores them on tape (so
incremental back-ups do not have any meaning any more for outlook express 6
files). In previous outlook express version, backing up was already a
problem since a single message addition to one folder would already cause a
back-up of the entire folder, but in version 6 things have become even worse
since all folders are recognised as being changed.

Is there a workaround for this problem or are there some special tools which
create back-up files from outlook express databases. I checked the
"tomsterdam" pages but the back-ups described there also performs a total
back up of a dbx file (unless I misunderstood the back-up procedures
described there).

Thanks,
Martien

2. internet problem

3. Back ups

4. Saved password problem

5. back ups

6. Alternate gina.dll for NT

7. Convert APC Back UPS Pro from Serial to USB?

8. ERROR: System Resource is dangerously low

9. how to(back-ups)

10. Back-Ups

11. file back-ups

12. Windows-XP Back-ups