any utility to cache frequently visited directories

any utility to cache frequently visited directories

Post by 2pa » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 03:11:34

Hi
I need to navigate to some specified directories frequently.The
directories are selected through the open file dialog box in VC++ (or
other applications)
am wondering if there is any plugin that can be added to the open file
dialog box that will list frequently used directories (or favorites)

any utility to cache frequently visited directories

Post by USN retire » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 22:38:17

Folders on Start Menu
You might get lucky and find the file you want to open on your Start,
Documents menu. But the limited number of shortcuts on this menu means
you'll probably be disappointed. >>TIP I prefer to place a shortcut to the
folder containing my work on the Start menu. Press Windows-E to launch
Explorer, navigate to the folder of your choice, and drag and drop it onto
the Start menu button. Voil! The next time you click Start, you'll see your
folder on the menu. Click it to display the folder's contents.

If you want to put a folder shortcut on your Start menu without seeing it as
a cascading menu, simply open the Start Menu folder from which you will
launch your folder shortcut, right-click inside the folder, and choose New,
Shortcut. Type explorer.exe, followed by a space and the path to the folder.
Click Next, name the shortcut, and click Finish.

Quote:> Hi