Resource ID Collision between main dialog and custom dll dialog??

Resource ID Collision between main dialog and custom dll dialog??

Post by John Clar » Wed, 20 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Help?!

I am running into a problem using MFC dialogs where I have an app with a
dialog interface that later calls a dll that attempts to open a child
dialog to display process progress.  My problem is that my DLL when
referencing the progress dialog is affecting the main applications dialog.
In investigating this problem I discovered that the main dialog ID is equal
to the id of the child dialog - however since the two dialogs are in
separate rc files and are compiled separately I am confused as to why I am
experiencing this collision.

Any help would be appreciated. - Certainly I can renumber the dialog ID of
the progress dialog, but that isn't the answer I think I need.

Thanks

John Clark
(standard disclaimer applies).

Resource ID Collision between main dialog and custom dll dialog??

Post by Dan Vallej » Thu, 21 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Take a look at AfxSetResourceHandle( )
--

Software Development Engineer, Money98!
The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and do not

Quote:> Help?!

> I am running into a problem using MFC dialogs where I have an app with a
> dialog interface that later calls a dll that attempts to open a child
> dialog to display process progress.  My problem is that my DLL when
> referencing the progress dialog is affecting the main applications
dialog.
> In investigating this problem I discovered that the main dialog ID is
equal
> to the id of the child dialog - however since the two dialogs are in
> separate rc files and are compiled separately I am confused as to why I
am
> experiencing this collision.

> Any help would be appreciated. - Certainly I can renumber the dialog ID
of
> the progress dialog, but that isn't the answer I think I need.

> Thanks

> John Clark
> (standard disclaimer applies).

1. Creating a CList Box from a dialog Resource, using the dialog as the main Window

Thanks for the reply Carl,

I have it sorted out now.

Are there any potential problems in keeping the pointer returned from
the  GetDlgItem() call as a member variable? Because I read in the
help files that the value returned from GetDlgItem can be temporary.

Also I have had a problem with getting the derived CCheckListBox to
work. Are there any tricks or traps to know about when using this
class ? I have been trying to use the method you mentioned in your
boxes appear)

Thanks
Mark Wickman, Waterstone Leisure (UK)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Waterstone_Leisure_Shareware/

              ** NEW RELEASE **
Download Manager for Win3.x & Win95
- Stores and manages downloaded files with Keywords,Abstract etc.-
ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/win3/apps/download
ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/win95/apps/download

2. Windows cannot find PROGRAM.EXE

3. Resource ID Collision among DLL's

4. how do i delete

5. a 2nd dialog without blocking main-dialogs focus?

6. oe 6 leaving msg on server

7. Why does the second Dialog block the main Dialog?

8. DpvSetup.exe

9. Dialog* -> Dialog ID?

10. Question: Displaying dialog from resource in main window

11. How to connect a Dialog to a different dialog resource?

12. Same Dialog-Class with two different Dialog-Resources

13. Error when closing in-dll Dialog, which has created another dialog