Finding a logged in user with NBTSTAT

Post by Christophe » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

We have a way to find out which user is logged into a machine with the ping
and NBTSTAT utility.  However sometimes a user is logged into a machine and
NBTSTAT for that machine does not show the NETBUEI  logon name.  There are
numerous entries but no NT logon name?  Why is that?
Is there a number of maximum entries that NBTSTAT will display?

Finding a logged in user with NBTSTAT

Post by H C » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Chris,

I think you're mixing terminology...but just in case you are not...are you
saying that sometimes a user is logged into a machine, but that username does
not show up in the NetBIOS name table?

Have you tried searching the MS KnowledgeBase?  Is it possible that the user
locked the workstation?

> We have a way to find out which user is logged into a machine with the ping
> and NBTSTAT utility.  However sometimes a user is logged into a machine and
> NBTSTAT for that machine does not show the NETBUEI  logon name.  There are
> numerous entries but no NT logon name?  Why is that?
> Is there a number of maximum entries that NBTSTAT will display?

1. Finding a logged in user with NBTSTAT

We have a way to find out which user is logged into a machine with the ping
and NBTSTAT utility.  However sometimes a user is logged into a machine and
NBTSTAT for that machine does not show the NETBUEI  logon name.  There are
numerous entries but no NT logon name?  Why is that?
Is there a number of maximum entries that NBTSTAT will display?

2. War Craft

3. Multiple User Log Ins

4. Can't open old word files

5. MB Ethernet fails with repeated user log-ins

6. Voice Recognition Software

7. Black screen when logging off a user with multiple users currently logged in

8. Media player 9 wont play

9. Finding MAC address given IP *not* using nbtstat

10. NTBackup on XP Pro fails to find the bks file if user is not logged on

11. How do I find out time and station user logged on?

12. Finding where a user is logged in

13. How to find out where a user is logged on