windows 2000 licensing server and windows 2003 terminal server

windows 2000 licensing server and windows 2003 terminal server

Post by Volka » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:02:24

Hi,
We want to upgrade our windows 2000 terminal servers to
windows 2003 terminal servers. However, I am thinking
about the licensing server. The licensing server is on
windows 2000 domain controller. The question is that when
we upgrade the 2000 terminal servers to 2003, will they
still be connected to windows 2000 licensing server? Or
Will I have to upgrade the licensing server to 2003? (I
do not want this, of course, now). Thanks.
Volkan Gnaydın

windows 2000 licensing server and windows 2003 terminal server

Post by Cláudio Rodrigue » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:49:04

You must have a Windows 2003 Licensing Server. This can be any machine and
not necessarily a domain controller.

--
Cludio Rodrigues, MVP
Windows 2000/NT Server

http://www.terminal-services.NET

-> The only Terminal Services Client for DOS.
-> The only customized RDP5.1 client with the close button disabled! :-)
-> Developers of SecureRDP, the BEST security utility for TS!

Do NOT email me directly UNLESS YOU KNOW ME or you are a Microsoft
MVP/Employee.
Use my support page on my website to submit your questions directly.

Hi,
We want to upgrade our windows 2000 terminal servers to
windows 2003 terminal servers. However, I am thinking
about the licensing server. The licensing server is on
windows 2000 domain controller. The question is that when
we upgrade the 2000 terminal servers to 2003, will they
still be connected to windows 2000 licensing server? Or
Will I have to upgrade the licensing server to 2003? (I
do not want this, of course, now). Thanks.
Volkan Gnaydın

1. Use Windows 2003 server as a Windows 2000 server

I have two trial CDs for Windows 2003 server, 1 standard and 1
enterprise.

I would like to use them as though I am using Windows 2000 servers,
because I am uncertain what new unexpected features are in Windows
2003 and may want experience on Windows 2000 like setup. Unfortunately
I do not have trial versions of windows 2000 server.

Any one have tried similar things, and if so, share the experience?

Thanks

David
23rd June 2003

2. Q: Nightmare on OLE St. Pls Help!

3. Update Windows 2000 Server englisch auf Windows 2003 Server deutsch

4. Hibernation File

5. Install Windows 2000 Terminal Services via commandline Script on windows 2000 Server

6. Upgrade Workstation to Server?

7. Unable to join Windows NT 4.0 Server BDC to Windows Server 2003

8. hp psc 750xi printer/scanner

9. Windows 2000 Server event ID 2003

10. Windows 2000/2003 Server DHCP...

11. Lock down windows 2003 terminal server

12. Windows XP Home - connecting to a Windows 2000 terminal server

13. How to connect from Windows XP to Windows 2000 Terminal Server?